Maryville Dual Enrollment
Maryville Dual Enrollment
Maryville Dual Enrollment offers high school students the opportunity to experience college academic life while earning college credit from Maryville University. For only $100/credit hour (plus the cost of any required course materials), high school students can get an early start on their college career at a reasonable cost! Whether you’re interested in taking advanced classes or exploring academic areas of interest, Maryville welcomes high school students like you to our campus community.
If you are interested in finding out more about Maryville Dual Enrollment visit with your high school counselor or call the admissions office at 314.529.9350.
How To Participate
To participate in Maryville Dual Enrollment, you must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Be of junior or senior status in high school and at least 16 years of age.
- Have earned either a minimum of 2.5/4.0 cumulative high school GPA and a 20 ACT or 3.0/4.0 cumulative high school GPA.
- Contact the Office of Admissions at 314.529.9350 to schedule an appointment with one of our admissions staff to register for your classes.
For Fall 2020 classes, you will be able to register beginning on August 3, 2020.
For Spring 2021 classes, you will be able to register beginning on November 16, 2020.
- Choose the class or classes you are interested in from the approved course listing.
- Review the course schedule online at https://selfservice.maryville.edu/Student/Courses (you may search for classes as a guest) before your appointment.
- Bring a copy of your high school transcripts and/or SAT/ACT test scores to your appointment along with your completed application.
- Courses must be chosen from the approved list. However, if you wish to take a course that does not appear on the approved list, you must complete an exception form.
- Students may enroll in day classes. The location should be “Main Campus” or “OnlinePLUS for Campus Student”. Both course types will include online work and you must be able to attend class virtually if necessary. All classes will move to a virtual format beginning the week of November 23 for the remainder of the semester.
- Course prerequisites apply. (Prerequisites are listed on the approved courses list)
- Class entrance is based on space availability. There is a limit of 4 Maryville College Credit students allowed per section.
- Maximum of 6-8 credits or 2 classes permitted per semester.
- Students typically take English Composition, General Psychology, Introduction to Sociology, College Algebra and Trigonometry, Introduction to Photography, Calculus I.
Current full-time Maryville students’ registration will take priority if a class reaches capacity.