Virtual Relaxation Room
Counseling Center Video Library
Relaxation and Meditation Recordings
You can practice any of these guided meditation or relaxation exercises on your own, whether you listen to them on your media device before a big exam or through your computer before you go to sleep. Enjoy!
- Peaceful Place Relaxation
- Muscle Relaxation
- Mindfulness Meditation for Beginners
- Loving Kindness Meditation
- Guided Sitting Meditation
- Body Image Relaxation
Stress Management 101 Workshop Series
Tip sheets (pdf)
There’s an app for that!
If you’re interested in adding relaxation resources to your smart phone, search the following terms to locate available apps:
- Relaxation music
- Sounds of nature
- Stress free
- Stress reducer
- Stress management
Specific app suggestions:
- Virtual Hope Box: help with coping, relaxation, distraction, and positive thinking.
- MindShift: learn how to relax, develop more helpful ways of thinking, identify steps to take charge of your anxiety.
- The Mindfulness App: a tool for reducing stress, increasing well being, and becoming more present in your life.
- Breathe 2 Relax: learn and practice diaphragmatic breathing.
- T2MoodTracker: allows users to self-monitor, track and reference their emotional experience.
- Mindfulness Coach: learn to practice mindfulness.
- Relax Melodies: select sounds and melodies that you like and combine them to create a mix of relaxing sounds.
- Relax and Sleep Well: aims to help you overcome insomnia, stress and anxiety, and sleep well at night.
- Icounselor: has specific apps for handling anxiety, depression, anger, OCD, and eating disorders.
- The ABC of Better Sleep: methods for getting a better night’s sleep
- Relax and Rest Guided Meditations: learn and practice guided meditation and relaxation.
- Circle of 6: connect with your friends to stay close, stay safe and prevent violence before it happens.
- Companion: lets you reach out to family, friends, or your public safety department to have them keep an eye on your as you travel late at night.
Lifeline Response: tracks your phone and will even call the police instantly if your thumb is removed from the screen.
Relaxing Games for a Quick Study Break
- Sleeping Tiger Jigsaw
Music for Wellness
Music links through youtube
- Absolutely Sleeping Music, (K-MusicLife Sounds, YouTube, 7:10)
- Sleep Music, (Sleep Music Store, YouTube, 10:01)
- 8 Hours of “Waterfall Sounds” “Sleep Sounds”, (yogaduke, YouTube, 8:01:01)
- A Moment of Peace Meditation, (Aneal & Bradfield, “Heaven and Earth Spirits” track from Life & Love), YouTube, lovely contemporary piano music with accompanying instruments and nature scenes, 3:36.
- Echoes of Time, (C. Carlos Nakai from the Canyon Trilogy), YouTube, serene Native American flute music, with a picture of Nakai backlit by the sun at the Grand Canyon, 3:49.
- The Winding Path, (Kevin Kern from The Winding Path), YouTube, highly rated, beautiful piano music with accompanying instruments with pictures of exquisite flowers and plants, 3:59.
- Angels of Venice – Pachelbel’s Canon in D Major, (Angels of Venice from Music for Harp, Flute and Cello), YouTube, classical with 3 instruments with nature pictures, 4:30.
- Earth Drum – “Spirit Vision,” (David & Steve Gordon), YouTube, serene and lovely contemporary Native American informed-drumming music utilizing Taos Log Drum and Incan Pan along with other instruments and ocean/forest nature scenes, 6:30. (Other David & Steve Gordon music automatically starts after “Spirit Vision,” which you can listen to if you want).
- Spa Relaxing Music Long Time Mp3 with Candle Light, YouTube, tranquil contemporary instrumental with piano and a fixed candle light, 42:42.
- Relaxation Music – 1 Hour Meditation Candle, YouTube, serene contemporary instrumental with piano and one flickering candle, 1:00:54.
- Sleep Deeply, (Dan Gibson, multiple cd’s) YouTube, nature sounds and instrumental, tranquil sleep music, 41:00.