Maryville University Named One of the Best Values in Private Colleges
The evolving core values of Maryville are rooted in our traditions and mindful of the changing nature of higher education. They reflect not only what we value and how we articulate it but also what we want to impart to our students now and in the future.
Learning and Mentoring: Our essential, foundational purpose is the mentoring of all students in their pursuit of learning. Students will hone their skills and challenge their limits to critically think about and adequately express their own intellectual journey. All faculty and staff are committed to employing a vast array of current and future tools to fulfill this value.
Student Centered: Put students at the center of an Active Learning Ecosystem that challenges students to excel and meets their social and academic needs.
Diversity & Global Awareness: Create a diverse and inclusive campus culture that reflects the contours of the United States and enhances a student’s ability to work, live and thrive within the global community.
Civic Engagement: All citizens must be actively engaged in working to assist and strengthen their local, national and global communities.
Innovative Leadership: Commitment to a culture of risk-taking and entrepreneurial leadership at all levels.
Sustainability: Appreciation that our collective global environment requires good, prudent stewardship and meaningful consideration of those who will inherit our institution, community and world.
Maryville will be the innovative leader in higher education promoting a revolution in student learning that expands access and opportunities for all.
Maryville University is an outstanding national university offering a comprehensive and innovative education focused on student learning, outcomes and success. This education is built upon an innovative liberal arts foundation leading to compelling programs in the Arts and Sciences, Health Professions, Education and Business that prepare students for a life of engagement and achievement in multiple fields of endeavor.
Consistent with this mission, Maryville University is committed to achieving the following goals:
- Provide a learning environment both physical and virtual where students learn through doing
- Provide an innovative liberal arts foundation for all of our students.
- Provide compelling programs in the Arts and Sciences, Health Professions, Education and Business that lead to successful student outcomes.
- Reflect the cultural diversity of the global community and build inclusiveness and global awareness through intentional programming.
- Make the values of innovative leadership, civic engagement, and sustainability prominent aspects of the student experience.
- Maintain a vibrant campus community through outstanding athletics, cultural events, and intellectual exploration.
- Maintain a collegial environment embracing the values of academic freedom, fiscal responsibility, and participatory university governance.
- Provide our students in the St. Louis region with living-learning experiences that serve the needs of a diverse community.
- Provide comprehensive and accessible academic programs for non-traditional adults that help them adapt to a changing workforce and meet their career goals.
- Provide a community where civil discourse and mutual respect are values and actions shared by all.