School of Education Fall Ceremony
Maryville University School of Education Ceremony
Date: Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019
Where: Auditorium, Maryville University
Time: 9:00 a.m. (School of Education EDL Cohort 27 Hooding and Commencement Ceremony)
10:45 a.m. (School of Education EDTL Cohort 28 Hooding and Commencement Ceremony)
12:30 p.m. (School of Education EDHL Cohorts 6B & 6C Hooding and Commencement Ceremony)
Eligibility to Participate
Students are eligible to participate in these ceremonies if they graduate in August or December of 2019.
- Graduate Check-in/Processional Instructions
Students should arrive to campus by their designated time listed below with their regalia.
Please leave personal items with your guests as there is not a secure place to store them during the ceremony.
- EDL Cohort 27 students meet in Kernaghan 1112 at 8:15 a.m.
- EDTL Cohort 28 students meet in Kernaghan 1113 at 10:15 a.m.
- EDHL Cohorts 6B and 6C students meet in Kernaghan 1112 at 11:45 a.m.
The doors to that auditorium will open 45 minutes prior to each ceremony for guests to be seated.
- Information for Guests
- Seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Staff will be present to guide guests.
- Out of respect for graduates being recognized, guests are asked to remain in their seats for the duration of the ceremony and refrain from blocking aisles and passageways. Please arrange to meet your graduate and other guests at designated areas outside the Auditorium at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Signs, food and beverages are not permitted in the Auditorium during the ceremony.
- Students, faculty and staff will be seated towards the front in reserved seats.
- Children are welcome to attend the ceremony but must be accompanied by an adult in the guest seating area. They will not be permitted to join their parents in the processional, recessional, or on the stage during the ceremony. Please bear in mind that the ceremony is expected to last approximately one hour.
- Commencement Open House
Maryville invites graduates, family and friends to Donius University Center between 9:45 a.m. – 5 p.m. for refreshments and a place to gather and visit.
Also, our on campus full-service Starbucks will be open from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. and the M Store will be open from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. for any last minute Maryville gift purchases.
Open House in Donius University Center
9:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The M Store Hours
10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Auditorium will have some seats on the floor for guests with limited mobility. We kindly ask that only one companion accompany the individual that needs accommodations. Please contact email@example.com with your specific needs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a sign language interpreter.