Occupational Therapy Hooding and Commencement Ceremony
Maryville University Occupational Therapy Hooding and Commencement Ceremony
Date: Saturday, Jan. 4, 2020
Where: Auditorium, Maryville University
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Eligibility to Participate
Students are eligible to participate in these ceremonies if they graduate in August or December of 2019.
- Graduate Check-in/Processional Instructions
Students should arrive to the 1st floor lobby of the Auditorium by 5:15 p.m. where they will get their regalia to wear for the ceremony. Please leave personal items with your guests as there is not a secure place to store them during the ceremony.
Staff and faculty will be there to assist with the line-up for their ceremony.
The Processional will be at 6:00 p.m.
Auditorium doors will open at 5:15 p.m. for guests to be seated.
- Information for Guests
- Seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Staff will be present to guide guests.
- Out of respect for graduates being recognized, guests are asked to remain in their seats for the duration of the ceremony and refrain from blocking aisles and passageways. Please arrange to meet your graduate and other guests at designated areas outside the Auditorium at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Signs, food and beverages are not permitted in the Auditorium during the ceremony.
- Students, faculty and staff will be seated towards the front in reserved seats.
- Children are welcome to attend the ceremony but must be accompanied by an adult in the guest seating area. They will not be permitted to join their parents in the processional, recessional, or on the stage during the ceremony. Please bear in mind that the ceremony is expected to last approximately one hour.
- Digital Program
The digital program will be available closer to the ceremony date.
The Auditorium will have some seats on the floor for guests with limited mobility. We kindly ask that only one companion accompany the individual that needs accommodations. Please contact email@example.com with your specific needs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a sign language interpreter.