Nurse Pinning Spring Ceremony
Maryville University Nursing Pinning Ceremony
Date: Friday, May 1, 2020
Where: Simon Center, Maryville University
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Eligibility to Participate
Students are eligible to participate in these ceremonies if they graduate in May of 2020.
- Graduate Check-in/Processional Instructions
Students should arrive to Simon Center at 9:00 a.m. to check-in. Please leave personal items with your guests as there is not a secure place to store them during the ceremony.
Staff and faculty will be there to assist with the line-up for their ceremony.
Gymnasium doors will open at 9:00 a.m. for guests to be seated.
- Information for Guests
- Guest seating is available in the bleachers on a first-come, first-serve basis. Staff will be present to guide guests.
- Out of respect for graduates being recognized, guests are asked to remain in their seats for the duration of the ceremony and refrain from blocking aisles and passageways. Please arrange to meet your graduate and other guests at designated areas outside Simon Center at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Signs, food and beverages are not permitted in Simon Center during the ceremony.
- Students, faculty and staff will be seated on the floor in reserved seats.
- Children are welcome to attend the ceremony but must be accompanied by an adult in the guest seating area. They will not be permitted to join their parents in the processional, recessional, or on the stage during the ceremony. Please bear in mind that the ceremony is expected to last approximately one hour.
The Simon Center will have some seats on the floor for guests with limited mobility. We kindly ask that only one companion accompany the individual that needs accommodations. Seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Please email email@example.com if you require a sign language interpreter.