Graduate Hooding and Commencement Ceremony
Maryville University Master’s Hooding and Commencement Ceremony
Date: Sunday, May 3, 2020
Where: Simon Center, Maryville University
Time: 10:00 a.m. (Graduates arrives and doors open for guests at 9 a.m.)
Eligibility to Participate
Students are eligible to participate in the ceremony if they graduated in August or December 2019 or if they are finishing their degree requirements in May 2020.
Students receiving the following graduate degrees will be recognized during the ceremony:
- Actuarial Science
- Business Administration
- Business Data Analytics
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Health Administration
- Management and Leadership
- Music Therapy
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Software Development
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Strategic Communication and Leadership
- Graduate Check-in/Processional Instructions
Details regarding student check-in location and processional instructions will be available soon.
- Information for Guests
- Guest seating is available in the bleachers on a first-come, first-serve basis. Staff will be present to guide guests.
- Out of respect for graduates being recognized, guests are asked to remain in their seats for the duration of the ceremony and refrain from blocking aisles and passageways. Please arrange to meet your graduate and other guests at designated areas outside Simon Center at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Signs, food and beverages are not permitted in Simon Center during the ceremony.
- Students, faculty and staff will be seated on the floor in reserved seats.
- Children are welcome to attend the ceremony but must be accompanied by an adult in the guest seating area. They will not be permitted to join their parents in the processional, recessional, or on the stage during the ceremony. Please bear in mind that the ceremony is expected to last approximately one hour.
- Digital Program
The digital program will be available closer to the ceremony date.
- Commencement Open House
Maryville invites graduates, family and friends to Gander Dining Hall between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. for refreshments and a place to gather and visit.
Also, our on campus full-service Starbucks will be open from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. and the M Store will be open from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. for any last minute Maryville gift purchases.
Open House in Gander Hall
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The M Store Hours
10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Simon Center will have some seats on the floor for guests with limited mobility. We kindly ask that only one companion accompany the individual that needs accommodations. Seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Please email email@example.com if you require a sign language interpreter.
- Special Lodging Rate
Check back soon for special lodging rates for Maryville graduates, families and friends.