John E. Simon School of Business – A Message from the Dean
Welcome to the John E. Simon School of Business
Maryville University’s John E. Simon School of Business prepares students and professionals to be ethical, adaptable, socially responsible, and technically adept leaders in diverse and dynamic business environments through its market-relevant curriculum developed with input from engaged business partners. The Simon School of Business faculty works closely with businesses in our region and nationally to prepare bachelor’s degree students for careers in accounting, business administration, cybersecurity, financial services, international business, marketing, management, management information systems, and sports business management. We also offer innovative graduate programs in accounting, data analytics, cybersecurity, management and leadership, software development, and the MBA. More than 30 agreements and partnerships with Fortune 500 companies provide a rich source of internship opportunities, professional instructors, and guest speakers who prepare our graduates for employment in their field of study.
Maryville University’s John E. Simon School of Business prepares students and professionals to be ethical, adaptable, socially responsible, and technically adept leaders in diverse and dynamic business environments through its market-relevant curriculum developed with input from engaged business partners.
- Outcomes-driven / Student-success focused – Work to prepare students to be job-ready with knowledge, skills, and competencies – Prepare students to meet changing expectations in a changing job world
- Forward-Looking – Research and incorporate key trends in business to ensure faculty and students are prepared for the next phase of business knowledge and skill deployment
- Industry-Informed – Connect with key industry partners to develop curriculum and incorporate real-world problem-solving; help students understand “the why” behind their learning
- Accessible faculty who are good role models and active/current in their fields
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging – Engagement in activities and experiences that help students understand, appreciate, advocate for and value diverse perspectives and points of view
- Life-long learning – Stay current, keep learning, be able to pivot quickly in career
- Integrity and Ethics – Offer education and practical opportunities to develop skills as ethical leaders
- Integrated skill development and learning – Broad focus on the integration of business knowledge, technology, and interpersonal skill development such as critical thinking, ethics, trust, social responsibility, integrity, resilience)
There are many excellent ways in which our programs work closely with professional businesses.
The Rawlings Sport Business Management program, for example, is the only named sport business program in the United States. “We have worked with Maryville University for many years and today we recognize more formally the caliber of the Sport Business Management faculty, the program and Maryville’s students,” said Robert Parish, former Rawlings president and CEO. Maryville graduates of the program work for the St. Louis Cardinals, the St. Louis Blues, the Las Vegas Raiders, and many other sport-related businesses.
Our long-term relationships with many highly successful financial services employers include internships that lead directly to careers in accounting, financial services, cybersecurity, marketing, and business administration.
Maryville’s graduate programs are among the fastest-growing programs on campus due to their innovative design and flexibility. Working adults can begin a program during any one of a number of entry points in the year, study online at a time convenient to you, and complete the program in one or two years. Many highly motivated adult learners find that a graduate business degree from Maryville is a great way to boost their career and income prospects.
Through our commitment to Maryville’s liberal arts heritage, we foster an environment that links the humanities and sciences to the digital age, decision-making, critical thinking, ethical behavior, creativity, and self-directed learning. This problem-solving mindset results in graduates who focus on innovation to maintain America’s competitive advantage in the global marketplace.
All of our programs emphasize academic excellence, creative coursework delivered through our active learning ecosystem, experiential learning through class projects in partnership with key businesses, internships and study abroad, and the digital literacy skills necessary to manage and lead in hyper-competitive markets around the world. We are proud that our graduates are ready for exacting and demanding careers in business.