Master of Business Administration
Maryville’s M.B.A. students experience a dynamic blend of academic study and professional experience. We prepare leaders, executives, managers, entrepreneurs, and educators looking to compete in a rapidly changing business world. At Maryville, you’ll build the competencies needed to carry out traditional managerial functions, develop a flexible leadership approach, plan your own business, and be able to respond more efficiently and ethically to an ever-evolving business environment. Plus, what you learn in the classroom will be immediately applicable in your current employment setting.
If you would like a broader understanding of business, if you enjoy intellectual challenges and if you want to sharpen your problem-solving abilities, Maryville’s M.B.A. program is right for you.
Goals for the Maryville Master of Business Administration Program
A student graduating with a Master of Business Administration degree from Maryville University
should be able to:
- Critically and analytically reason and problem solve.
- Anticipate and analyze trends in business.
- Integrate theoretical concepts with real world experiences.
- Understand decision making from an ethical, legal, and social perspective.
- Communicate effectively to all organizational stakeholders, with special attention given to the development of cross cultural communication skills.
- Identify, evaluate, and integrate information in the business strategy, planning, and implementation process.
The M.B.A. is offered in convenient evening and online formats that help you balance your professional and personal obligations with coursework.
Although many of our M.B.A. students have already begun their professional career, we recognize the importance of being prepared for a change. Whether you’re looking for an entrance, or trying to take one more step up the ladder, we can help you increase your chances of success.
As a student in the School of Business, you’re strongly encouraged to join the Maryville Business Organization (MBO). This group, along with the strong ties our faculty members have with local professionals, provides avenues for you to develop professional contacts and learn about issues that affect local businesses.
There are plenty of occasions for you to attend networking events and lectures, have your resume reviewed or get help preparing for interviews. Maryville also offers special studies courses and study abroad opportunities so you can further expand your knowledge base – and your collection of passport stamps.
Early Access Program
The Early Access program lets you accelerate your progress toward an M.B.A. Senior year of your undergraduate degree at Maryville, qualified students can take up to 12 credit hours at the graduate level, which count toward both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree. The bottom line: Early Access saves you time and money.
A Spectrum of Possibilities
Our M.B.A. program will prepare you for leadership in profit and non-profit organizations in fields such as accounting, finance, healthcare, management, marketing, small business/entrepreneurship and law.
Degree Offerings and Requirements
- Master of Business Administration M.B.A.
- Management Certificate
- Marketing Certificate
- Accounting Certificate
- Process & Project Management Certificate
- Sport & Entertainment Management Certificate
- Application for admission
- Personal letter explaining qualifications for graduate work
- Official transcripts from previous institutions attended
- Three letters of recommendation
Full Admission Granted with Completion of the Admission Requirements if:
- You have completed an undergraduate business degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- You have already completed a master’s degree from a regionally accredited university.
- You are in the Early Access program and have completed at least one graduate level course prior to completing your undergraduate degree.
Conditional Admission Possible with Completion of Admission Requirements if:
- Non-business undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 but above 2.5
- Undergraduate degree in business from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 but above 2.5
Conditionally admitted students will need to do one of the following to achieve full admission:
- Provide documented proof of 3+ years of Management Experience, and complete 9 hours in the MBA program with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Complete the GMAT exam with a minimum score of 450.
To stay in the program, you must submit an official GMAT score prior to beginning your third course.
Additional Admission Requirements for International Students:
International students must score at least 85 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with sub-scores of speaking – 23, writing – 20, reading – 21, and listening – 21. If you have not obtained these scores, we encourage you to contact ELS to set up English proficiency classes.