Health & Wellness
Our nurse-directed Health and Wellness Center provides students with health education, emergency care and treatment of minor illness or injury, medical records maintenance and referrals and resources for confidential care. Our goal is to help Maryville students maintain optimal health during their academic years and develop a lifestyle that will support wellness throughout their lives.
Health Services Staff
Pam Culliton, MSN, ARNP, provides care 40 hours per week. Email Nurse Pam.
HEROs - Health Educators promoting Responsible Options. Student staff available to collaborate with you on health and wellness issues.
Susan McIntyre - Secretary for the offices of Health and Wellness, Personal Counseling, Academic Success and Career Education. 314.529.9556
Steven Willey, M.D. - consulting physician. Dr. Willey provides care for students at a reduced rate if a student has no insurance. His office is located across the street in St. Lukes Hospital, South Medical Building, Suite 560, 314-469-0033.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. during fall and spring. Nurse is available 20hrs per week in the summer. For best service, appointments are strongly advised.
Emergency Care: Public Safety is available 24 hours/7 days a week for emergency care when nurse is not available. Public Safety can contact the nurse or counselor when necessary.
Health and Wellness office is located in the Library: to the left of Kaldi’s Coffee shop.
650 Maryville University Drive, St. Louis, Missouri 63141
phone: 314-529-9520 fax: 314-529-9906
- Adult Nurse Practitioner provides confidential care, free of charge.
- Assists with referrals to other local physicians or health care providers that are compatible with one’s insurance and has resource information for providers that offer sliding scale, reduced cost or free care. See Medical Resources page.
- Assists students with questions about insurance or other health care needs. See Medical Resource page for more information.
- Maintains student health records. Health record documentation is required for all Division II athletes, cheerleaders and dance team: students living in university housing and all health professions students. It is highly recommended that all other students provide at least immunization information to the health center. See Health Forms page for more details.
- Consulting physician discounts simple office visit and physical examination for students.
- St. Luke’s Hospital pharmacy gives 10 percent discount on prescriptions.
- Opportunity for an Alternative Spring Break trip – Habitat for Humanity
- PPD Tuberculin testing – free for Maryville students, staff and faculty See about TB testing and pregnancy
- Allergy injections (with express written consent of physician) – free
- Confidential HIV blood testing – free (not part of your health record), confidential, safe, 99+ accurate, anonymous testing site. Information available on Medical Resource page
- Flu vaccine is available at reduced cost in the fall for Maryville community. See advertisements for details.
- CPR and first aid certification classes several times annually (fee charged)
- Blood Borne Pathogen training is available online through D2L
- Simple lab testing or screening (urine test, pregnancy test, blood pressure, Tb test)
- Some over the counter medications - FREE
- Referral for alcohol or drug concerns and online, anonymous educational program: eCHECKUP to Go Educational materials available for personal use or for class project: tapes, videos, pamphlets, displays, handouts, free give-aways. Enhance your understanding or your presentation with these resources.
- Opportunity to work as HERO – Health Education providing Responsible Options as work study option or as a volunteer