Maryville University offers the convenience of online student account services for electronic payments, billing, refunding and automated tuition payment plans for students. These services are offered online through My Account, where you are able to see current activity on your student account, make payments, signup for payment plans, and setup a refund profile. To login to My Account, please visit the Student Portal, where you will find My Account available in the Financial Information section under AccessMU for Students.
Payment Due Dates
Payment due dates for each semester are provided below. Students need to have payment arrangements to cover their semester balance completed on or before the payment due date. Payment arrangements can include financial aid, payments applied to the student account, or enrollment in a semester payment plan.
||Payment and/or payment arrangement due date*
||Late fee added to student account after
|Spring 2nd half classes
|Fall 2nd half classes
|Summer classes beginning in May
|Summer classes beginning in June
|Summer classes beginning in July
|Summer classes beginning in August
*Students registering after the payment deadline must make payment or payment arrangements within 7 days of registration.
- Pay Online
Maryville accepts echeck (ACH) payments, debit card, and credit card (VISA, Master Card, Discover, and American Express) payments online. Beginning July 1, 2013, credit card payments will be charged a 2.75% convenience fee. Payments made online through echeck and debit card options will not be charged an additional fee.
Tutorial: How to Pay Online
- Pay in Person
Maryville accepts cash, checks, bank checks, and money order. Please write your student number on your all checks.
- Pay By Mail
Maryville accepts checks, bank checks, and money order. Please write your student number on your all checks.
- Pay Tuition in Installments (offered online only)
Maryville University offers students the option to sign up for a Semester Payment Plan. The payment plan option will allow a student to divide the semester balance throughout the semester. Students must sign up for a payment plan each semester. The available payment plans are:
Monthly Payment Plan
- Fall Monthly Semester Payment Plan. Your balance will be divided over a 5 month period. Payment due dates are July 15, August 15, September 15, October 15, and November 15
- Spring Monthly Semester Payment Plan. Your balance will be divided over a 5 month period. Payment due dates are December 15, January 15, February 15, March 15, and April 15.
- Summer Monthly Semester Payment Plan. Your balance will be divided over a 4 month period. Payment due dates are May 1, June 15, July 15 and August 15.
Two Payment Plan
- Fall Two Payment Plan. Your balance will be divided in half. Payment due dates are August 1 and October 1.
- Spring Two Payment Plan. Your balance will be divided in half. Payment due dates are January 1 and March 1.
- Summer Two Payment Plan. Your balance will be divided in half. Payment due dates are May 1 and July 1.
If a student wishes to utilize a payment plan, they must enroll in the payment plan online through My Account.
Tutorial: How to Enroll in Payment Plan
- Pay with Employer Assistance
- If your company pays directly to Maryville University or to you, in advance of taking your course work, payments need to be submitted to the Student Service Center by the payment due date.
- If your company needs to be billed, authorizations, vouchers, approval tuition forms, etc., need to be submitted to the Student Service Center by the payment due date.
- If your company pays directly to you upon completion of your semester work, Maryville offers a Fall Grade Dependent Payment Plan, Spring Grade Dependent Payment Plan, and a Summer Grade Dependent Payment Plan in which your payment is deferred until one month after the completed semester.
- Each semester you must submit a confirmation that you are employed by your company and a summary of your company payment policy, including the % or amount and when payment may be expected. A letter from your Human Resources Office on company letterhead explaining the policy is acceptable.
- An email will be sent to your Maryville email address instructing you to go online and enroll in our Grade Dependent Payment Plan.
Important Note: Students must have a payment arrangement in place to cover their balance in full by the due dates stated at the top of this page. Students lacking payment arrangements are subject to a $100 late fee. If a payment arrangement is not in place by the second week of the term/semester, students will be automatically enrolled in the Monthly Payment Plan for any remaining balance, and subject to payment plan late fees of $25 per payment. Further, students will be unable to register for future semesters if terms of payment arrangements are not met.
- Pay with Financial Aid
There are many financial aid opportunities to assist students. For more information on financial aid and the process to apply, please visit our Financial Aid section
. If you have successfully completed the financial aid process and aid covers the entire balance, it is not necessary for you to make any additional payment arrangements. If aid does not cover the entire balance
, you will need to pay the difference in full or enroll in one or more of the applicable payment plans listed above.
You must grant authorized user access on My Account to any person making student account payments online on your behalf. In addition to making payments online, an authorized user will have access to your student account and will be able to set up a payment plan. To grant access to an authorized user, please visit My Account.
In the event that a credit (balance due student) is generated on a student’s account, the Student Service Center will request a refund be issued to the student and mailed to the permanent address on file. If the student has created a refund profile in their portal under Financial Information, the refund will be sent electronically to the account specified by the student. This process takes approximately seven to ten working days from disbursement.
Refunds at the beginning of each semester are requested beginning the second week of classes. Depending on the method of payment the student has selected, they should receive the refund in three to ten days.
Any changes added to the account after the refund is requested are the responsibility of the student and should be paid upon billing unless otherwise specified (e.g. bookstore charges, student fees, added classes, etc.)
Students who want credits to be maintained on their student account must request in writing that a refund not be issued. Credits not absorbed by subsequent charges will be refunded to students within 30 days of the end of the enrollment period (i.e. the academic year).
Tuition, Fees & One Card
- Tuition and Fees
Maryville University accepts cash, check, money orders, cashier’s checks, MasterCard, VISA, Discover, American Express and pinless debit for tuition and fee payments. Maryville University also accepts most Employer Tuition Assistance programs and works with students to award federal, state and institutional financial aid.
Undergrad Tuition & Fees Adult Undergrad Tuition & Fees Graduate Tuition & Fees
- Convenience Fee
Maryville University will only accept credit card payments for student account balances online through the online account management system, My Account
, beginning July 1, 2013. Credit card payments made through the online system will be charged a convenience fee of 2.75% (minimum $3 convenience fee). The University will continue to accept e-check, check, cash, and debit card payments without a convenience fee.
Convenience Fees FAQs
You can use your OneCard to purchase textbooks from The M Store, grocery items from Louie’s Market, a latté from Kaldi’s or food in the Dining Hall.
You, your family and friends can load money onto your Maryville OneCard online at http://onecard.maryville.edu, at the Student Service Center (Gander 124), by mail, or by phone 314.529.9360. The money is uploaded onto your card for easy purchasing power on campus.
Then use your OneCard at these locations:
Dining Hall – Gander
Kaldi’s – University Library
Louie’s Market and The M Store – Donius University Center
Questions? Contact the Student Service Center at 314-529-9360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.