What is START?
Student Testing, Advising, Registration and Transition (START) is designed as the beginning of your transition to Maryville University. This program will introduce you to the unique educational experiences that Maryville offers.
During START – You Will:
- Meet and interact with your future classmates, deans and faculty
- Be introduced to the Digital World at Maryville University and receive an iPad to provide you the opportunity to engage in a more diverse, customizable, and interactive learning environment
- Receive your Maryville University student I.D.
- Receive one-on-one academic advising and begin class registration
- Obtain financial aid information
- Attend sessions to help you prepare for your first semester on campus
Before You Attend START:
- Send your college and Advanced Placement (AP) credits to the Office of Admissions. We will need the institution, exact course prefix, title, course number and credits earned (e.g., Maryville University, MATH 116: Intermediate Algebra, 3.0)
- Pay your $200 enrollment deposit ($500 for students living on campus)
- Fill out your Parking Pass Permit Application to bring with you.
- Click here for a campus map.
2015 START Dates
Space is limited; register early to attend one of the following dates:
|Thursday, June 18, 2015
Overnight option on June 18th leading into FYE Excursions on June 19th
|1 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Monday, July 27, 2015
Overnight option on July 27th
|1 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
A list of suggested items to bring along if you are staying overnight:
- Linens (pillows, bedding, towels, etc.)
- Alarm clock
- Comfortable Clothing
- Tennis Shoes
- Toiletry items (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc.)
You must pay your enrollment deposit before your START date can be reserved. Call 314.529.9360 to pay that deposit ($200 for commuters and $500 for residents).
Bascom Honors Program
During START, we hope you will explore the unique opportunity to participate in the Bascom Honors Program. This involves enrolling in at least one Honors course during your START advising appointment.
First-year students entering Maryville with a minimum ACT score of 27 and a high school GPA of 3.5 and above are invited to apply to the Bascom Honors Program. The mission of the program is to enrich the intellectual life of able and highly motivated undergraduate students, to create a community of students and faculty who love learning, to enhance the University’s intellectual climate and to further the integration of liberal and professional learning.