University/Multicultural Scholars Competition FAQs
Congratulations, again, on your achievements this far! You’ve been invited to attend our University/Multicultural Scholars Competition – now what? We’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions surrounding the competition below. Please review these and reach out to your admission counselor if you have any other questions.
- What should I wear?
We recommend business casual attire such as dress slacks or skirts, collared/button down shirts, a blouse, dress shoes, etc.
- How long will I be on campus?
You will be on campus for half a day and the interview itself will be a 30-minute session.
- Am I required to attend the reception?
No it is not required, but it is a great way to meet current Maryville faculty, staff, and students, as well as get to know other future Saints!
- Should my parents come?
Parents are not required to attend, but this is a family affair! We will have sessions specifically for parents to see what it’s like to be the Parent of a SAINT.
- Will I get to meet my life coach?
We do not have an organized opportunity to meet your life coach, but they will be around campus throughout the weekend so there is a chance you might run into them!
- Can I meet faculty while I am on campus?
The best time to meet with faculty is at the reception on Friday evening.
- How should I prepare for the interview?
This is the easy part! Prepare to talk about yourself, your accomplishments, and your love for Maryville.
- What type of questions will I be asked?
The interviewers will ask questions that help them get to know you better. We want to further explore your academic and non-academic interests.
- If I’m on an academic program waiting list, can I still participate?
Yes, however, keep in mind receipt of any of the competitive scholarships does not guarantee acceptance into your academic program.
- How long will it be before I hear back if I have been awarded a scholarship?
Admissions Counselors will communicate scholarship decisions approximately three weeks after the last interview date.
- If I’m being considered for more than one scholarship, do I need to register for more than one competition?
You only need to register for one competition and will participate in one interview, regardless of how many scholarships you are being considered for.
- If I’m coming from out of town, where should I stay?
If you are visiting from out of town and would like to make hotel accommodations, the Drury Plaza Hotel Chesterfield offers special rates for Maryville University visitors.
Drury Plaza Hotel Chesterfield – St. Louis – Chesterfield, MO
355 Chesterfield Center East
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Enter corporate code: #319598
- If I have more questions, who should I call?
You can reach out to your admissions counselor directly or give the Admissions Office a call at 314-529-9350.