University/Multicultural Scholars Competition FAQs
Congratulations, again, on your achievements this far! You’ve been invited to attend our University/Multicultural Scholars Competition – now what? We’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions surrounding the competition below. Please review these and reach out to your admission counselor if you have any other questions.
- Do I have to come to campus for the interview?
This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be hosting our scholarship competition virtually.
- How long will the interview be?
The interview and a brief Maryville overview will take approximately 50 minutes.
- How do I register for an interview?
You will receive an email invitation to register for an interview date and time.
- How should I prepare for the interview?
This is the easy part! Prepare to talk about yourself, your accomplishments, and your love for Maryville.
- What type of questions will I be asked?
The interviewers will ask questions that help them get to know you better. We want to further explore your academic and non-academic interests.
- If I’m on an academic program waiting list, can I still participate?
Yes, however, keep in mind receipt of any of the competitive scholarships does not guarantee acceptance into your academic program.
- How long will it be before I hear back if I have been awarded a scholarship?
Admissions Counselors will communicate scholarship decisions approximately three weeks after the last interview date.
- If I’m being considered for more than one scholarship, do I need to register for more than one competition?
You only need to register for one competition and will participate in one live interview, regardless of how many scholarships you are being considered for. If you are applying for any of our multicultural scholarships, you will also complete a virtual response to diversity-related questions prior to your virtual interview.
- Will I still be able to connect with students and faculty/staff with the event being held virtually?
Yes! We will be offering sessions with current students, faculty, and staff to help you learn more about the Maryville community throughout the two week program.