Student Technology Resources
To support student success in an ever-changing society, Maryville launched Digital World to create a student-centered, accessible, affordable, academically rigorous and innovative learning environment. This initiative provides an iPad and Apple Pencil to all on-campus traditional undergraduate students and students in select on-campus graduate programs.
Physical Computer Labs & Computer Loaners
For students who prefer to complete assignments on traditional desktop/laptop computers, or for assignments that must be completed with a traditional desktop/laptop computer, Maryville University provides access to both physical computer labs and computer loaners.
- Library (Open Lab) – Library hours can be found here or at maryville.edu/library
- Classroom Computer Labs – Available in the lower level of REID Hall and the 2nd floor of Walker Hall. These computer labs are available for general student use, when classes are not in session.
- The University Library has a select number of laptops that can be checked out for 16-weeks (entire semester) by students enrolled in technology-focused majors and one week for all other students. Laptop loaners cannot be reserved or renewed and are available to check-out in-person on a first-come, first-served basis. We are unable to ship laptop loaners to online students. However, if an online student is local to the St. Louis area, they can stop by the library and check out a computer, if any are still available.
Maryville’s Technology Help Desk provides 24/7 assistance to students for all of their technology needs. You can access the help desk online or via phone at any time, and our assistants can help connect you to the campus network, adjust your antivirus software, manage classroom technology, and facilitate connection to our learning management system. You can contact the Technology Help Desk at: (866) 891-7583 or by visiting http://techsupport.maryville.edu.
For students who wish to purchase their own personal computer, Maryville has recommended specifications:
|School||Operating System||CPU||RAM||Storage||Network Connectivity||Microphone||Camera||Graphics/Video Card or Display|
|John E. Simon School of Business (Accounting, Cybersecurity, and Management Information Systems)||Windows 11
Mac OSX 11
|Intel i7 (Windows)
Apple M1 (macOS)
|8 GB||256 GB+||802.11 AC or N compatible||Built-in||Built-in||Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics with 4GB HMG2 Graphics Memory|
|College of Arts & Sciences (Math, Data Science, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence)||Windows 11||Intel i7||16 GB||512 GB+||802.11 AC or N compatible||Built-in||Built-in||NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3050, 4GB GDDR6, 40W|
|Design & Visual Arts (Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Photography)||macOS 12+||8-Core CPU, 14 Core GPU||16 GB||512 GB+||802.11 AC or N compatible||Built-in||Built-in||14-inch Liquid Retina XDR Display|
|Design & Visual Arts (Interior Design and Game Design)||Windows 11||11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-11800H (24MB Cache, up to 4.6 GHz, 8 cores)||16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 3200MHz||512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive||802.11 AC or N compatible||Built-in||Built-in||NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 6GB GDDR6|
|General Students (All other majors)||Windows 10
|Intel i5 (Windows)
Apple M1 (macOS)
|8 GB||128 GB||802.11 AC or N compatible||Built-in||Built-in||N/A|
Maryville University provides students with access to leading edge software designed to support learning and career outcomes, including:
- Canvas: learning management system which connects instructors and students. Canvas is used to monitor grades, assignment submissions, share course documents, facilitate message correspondence between students and instructors. It contains course and institutional syllabus information for all to access.
- Simple Syllabus: syllabus management platform, where students can access all course syllabi (past and present) and follow syllabi to receive email notifications when syllabus updates occur.
- LinkedIn Learning: an online professional development platform that helps students discover and develop business, technology-related, and creative skills through expert-led course videos. With 16,000+ courses (and 200,000+ videos).
- Grammarly: online proofreading tool that checks text for grammar, punctuation, and style, and features a contextual spelling checker and plagiarism detector. Grammarly checks submissions for more than 250 common and advanced grammar rules.
- Digital Career Portfolio: a digital portfolio where students can demonstrate their skills and knowledge through readily accessible projects, presentations, videos, and more, taking the guesswork out of hiring for employers by bridging the skills gap.
- Microsoft Office: Maryville students receive Office 365 for Education, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive (1 TB), and Microsoft Teams, plus additional classroom tools free of charge.
- University Library: all students have access to 24/7 Library Chat Support, as well as hundreds of databases, interlibrary loan, OverDrive for eBooks and audiobooks, and Flipster for digital magazines.
- Handshake: our career management platform that students can utilize to network with industry leaders and employers, apply for jobs or internships, and register for virtual and in-person career fairs and other events.