Domestic and International Guidance
If you have more questions, please contact the Solution Squad at (314) 529-9360 or email email@example.com.
- If I am traveling outside of the St. Louis area over the weekend or on a holiday, am I required to report it?
Yes, employees are required to report all travel outside of the St. Louis area regardless of whether it occurs on a business day. To appropriately apply the CDC travel guidelines, the university must capture all employee travel, even if it occurs outside of work hours.
- I am a faculty member but have no on-campus teaching and/or other responsibilities on-campus over the summer, do I need to report my travel plans?
No, you do not need to report your summer travel plans; however, in anticipation for your return to campus in the fall on 8/9/21, you should resume reporting travel occurring 7/24/21 forward.
- Should I wait to submit my time off request in ADP until I hear from my supervisor?
No. You should fill out the travel request form and time off request concurrently. The request will be reviewed by HR and your supervisor and you’ll be notified if the request has been approved or denied.
- How far in advance should I submit my travel request form?
All requests must be submitted in advance and employees are encouraged to submit travel requests and paid time off requests with as much advance notice possible; however, the amount of notice needed to approve travel and paid time off may vary by department, so employees are encouraged to discuss with their supervisor.
- I’ve submitted the travel request form and the time off request in ADP. When can I expect to know the outcome of my request?
You should note a preferred date for review of your request in ADP like you normally would. Depending on your request and job function, your supervisor may contact you for additional information. You will be notified of your supervisor’s decision within 72 hours of your request.
- What if any impact will this policy change have on employees who already submitted paid time off requests?
Because our policy previously required quarantine after any travel by mass transit, most employees will not be impacted.
- Employees who are vaccinated will find that they are no longer required to quarantine after travel.
- Employees who are not fully vaccinated at the time of travel and are traveling by air, rail, bus or boat will continue to quarantine.
- Employees who are not fully vaccinated at the time of travel and are planning to travel by personal vehicle/car, will be impacted as they are now required to quarantine per CDC guideline. Supervisors and Human Resources will work with employees as needed on a case-by-case basis.
- What should I do if I have already submitted a paid time off request?
Complete the new Travel Request Form. Your supervisor will contact you to discuss any quarantine requirements and/or if the request outcome changes.
- My supervisor received an email stating that I am required to quarantine after traveling, but I don’t think that is correct. Whom can I contact for more information?
Please contact the Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 529-9478 for assistance.