How much does it cost?
• Homecoming is FREE except for Reunion Class Dinners ($40 per person).
• Interested in getting together with classmates without all the planning? The Office of Alumni Relations will provide the campus location, plan the menu and send the invitations for just $40 per person. Call by August 1 for more information: 314-529-9338.
How do drink tickets work?
• Guests will receive two complimentary drink tickets for alcoholic beverages at most events where alcohol will be served.
• Each individual guest must check in personally, in order to obtain drink tickets. Soft drinks are complimentary.
• A cash bar will be available to purchase additional drinks at most events. Cash and credit cards accepted.
Who can attend?
• We extend a warm welcome to all our Maryville University students, faculty, staff, alumni, friends and their families for Homecoming 2019! We have taken great care to offer a variety of fun-filled activities for adults and families alike. Check out the event schedule!
What are the special recognition classes?
• Honor Classes: 1969 (50th)
• Reunion Classes: 1974, 1969, 1964, 1959, 1954
• Golden Circle: All alumni who a graduated prior to 1969
• While the reunion classes are especially honored this year, Homecoming is for the entire Maryville community.
How can I participate?
We hope you’ll join us for all of the following Homecoming events. You can join by attending, donating, signing up with a team, engaging on social media, and more. View the Homecoming schedule and look for events with the Student tag.
How do I sign up my team?
Get your friends together to create a team to compete in all of the Homecoming competitions! The winning team for the week will be crowned King & Queen at Royalty Coronation on Sunday, October 7, and will have their team name added to the eternal Homecoming Cup trophy. Sign your team up by September 1, 2019 here.
How do I get tickets to the Formal?
Tickets will be available online at www.maryville.edu/homecoming. Tickets will be $15 for students and $20 for non-students.
Is transportation provided to Formal? Do I have to take the transportation provided?
Maryville University will be operating luxury bus shuttles from 6:30pm until 11:30pm. Sign ups are not required to ride a bus. To take advantage of shuttles, you can meet the bus in the Saints Hall Parking Lot. Students are not required to utilize bus shuttles. Parking will be available near the formal venue.
What is the attire for Formal?
Formal attire is semi-formal. Dresses, slacks, and dress shirts are recommended. Blue jeans and tennis shoes are not recommended.
Are there costs associated with the events?
All student events are free, with the exception of Formal tickets. Formal tickets will be available at www.maryville.edu/homecoming.
What if I have special accommodations?
We would be glad to accommodate any special requests you might have. Please contact Allison Fuller, Director of Disability Support & Success by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 314-529-9374.
Is it necessary to register for those Homecoming 2019 activities I am planning to attend?
• It is necessary to register for all Friday, Saturday and Sunday events in order to receive drink tickets, to ensure that adequate food is provided and rental orders are requested.
How do I register for Homecoming?
• There are two easy ways to register:
When is the registration deadline?
• Pre-event registration deadline for all Friday, Saturday, and Sunday events is Midnight, Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
• In person registrations will be accepted on campus at all Homecoming events.
Will I receive an event registration confirmation?
• Yes, you will receive an email confirmation.
Where is the registration station located?
• Registration for the President’s Reception and Homecoming Bash will be held in the Gander Hall Annex on the ground floor.
• All other events will have registration at the event location.
What should I wear?
• The nature of the different events during Homecoming determines the type of dress. When in doubt, business casual attire is appropriate for almost all Homecoming events. The Sunday Tailgate will be more casual. Still not sure? Check out photos from past events at the Alumni Facebook page.
Need a ride to or from campus?
• Maryville will be partnering with Uber for Homecoming 2019. Use code HW19EVENT for a $5 discount on a ride.
Is transportation available around campus?
• Golf cart transportation is provided for all events throughout Homecoming.
Where do I park?
• Parking is available in Lot 10 at the Donius University Center, Lot 11 at Simon Athletic Center, and Lots 4 and 5 at Gander Hall.
Is accessible parking available?
• Accessible parking is available in Lot 10 at the Donius University Center, Lot 11 at Simon Athletic Center, and Lots 4 and 5 at Gander Hall.
Are there alumni benefits for Homecoming?
• Take advantage of your 20 percent alumni discount at The M Store.
The M Store hours are:
Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
What if I need special accommodations or have a food allergy?
• We are happy to adjust accommodations so you may enjoy Homecoming. Please let us know of any special needs or food allergies.