Book Voucher Information
Maryville University students who have financial aid in excess of their tuition and fees and are anticipating a refund may apply for a book voucher. The book voucher will allow students (whose textbooks and course materials are not already provided to them directly by the university) to use their financial aid funds in advance of the semester and charge their textbooks and other required course materials to their student account.
Eligibility and usage requirements for book vouchers include:
- Students must be registered for Fall 2023 courses, and have pending financial aid for the semester which exceeds their charges.
- Book Vouchers can only be used for materials offered through MStore.
- Students must have all financial aid requirements completed. Please ensure you have accepted your aid and completed all additional requirements (examples: entrance counseling, master promissory note, PLUS loan application, etc).
- You can view your Financial Aid checklist by going to https://community.maryville.edu/ > Maryville Self-Service > Financial Aid > Award Year 2023-2024.
Usage and Important Dates for approved book vouchers:
- Book Voucher requests will be reviewed starting two weeks prior to course start dates.
- August 14, 2023 – Review process begins for Full Semester and/or First Half Fall 2023 semester book voucher requests.
- October 9, 2023 – Review process begins for 2nd Half Only Fall 2023 semester book voucher requests.
- Full Semester or First Half Courses – Students enrolled in full semester or first half courses have until Thursday of the first week of class to request and be approved for a book voucher. For the Fall 2023 semester this date is August 31, 2023 at noon (Central).
- The last day to use book voucher funds for First Half or Full Fall 2023 courses is August 30, 2023
- After this date book voucher requests will only be approved for students enrolled in second half courses only.
- Second Half Courses Only – Students enrolled only in second half courses have until Thursday of the first week of class to request and be approved for a book voucher. For the Fall 2023 2nd half only this date is October 26, 2023 at noon (Central).
- The last day to use book voucher funds for Second Half Spring 2023 courses is November 1, 2023.
- Students will be notified via their Maryville email account once their voucher has been reviewed.
- Denied Vouchers – The email stating your voucher has been denied will detail why and/or what can be done to be approved for a voucher. Please ensure the above requirements are completed prior to requesting a book voucher.
- Approved Vouchers – How to Use Your Book Voucher: You can purchase your course materials by logging into your Canvas Portal and selecting the Discover link on the left-hand menu bar. Once the materials needed are in your cart, the checkout process will prompt you to select the method of payment you would like to use for your purchase, select Financial aid. You will be prompted to log in with your Maryville ID and password to confirm your voucher eligibility. Once book voucher funds have been used, your Maryville University student account will be updated in 1-2 business days.
- Important Note for Full Semester/First Half Students who have a Second Half Course:
If your book voucher is approved during the first half of the semester, it should be used to purchase course materials needed for all courses during the semester. This means your voucher cannot be used to purchase additional course materials for second half courses after your refund is already issued for the term. Please be sure to save a portion of your financial aid refund or make alternative arrangements to purchase any materials required for any late added/late starting courses when those materials become available two weeks prior to the course start date.
Please do not proceed with the book voucher request until you have thoroughly read all information above and understand how the program will work for Fall 2023.