Book Voucher Information
Maryville University students who have financial aid in excess of their tuition and fees and are anticipating a refund may apply for a book voucher. The book voucher will allow students (whose textbooks and course materials are not already provided to them directly by the university) to use their financial aid funds in advance of the semester and charge their textbooks and other required course materials to their student account.
Eligibility and usage requirements for book vouchers include:
- The student must be registered for Summer 2019 courses, and have financial aid for the semester which exceeds their charges.
- Only financial aid which meets all requirements to be disbursed will be considered. Please ensure you have accepted your aid and completed all additional requirements (examples: entrance counseling, master promissory note, PLUS loan application, etc). You can view your Financial Aid checklist by going to My.Maryville.edu – AccessMU For Students – Financial Aid – Financial Aid Checklist
- For students enrolled in courses spanning the full semester or in first eight week courses, the last day to complete an online book voucher request form is Thursday, May 9, 2019, at 12 p.m. (noon) Central. The book voucher must be utilized by Friday, May 10, 2019, at 5 p.m. Central.
- After the above noted deadline has passed, voucher requests will only be open to students who were not registered for full semester or first eight week Summer 2019 courses. The last day for second eight week only students to complete an online book voucher request form is Wednesday, July 3, at 12 p.m. (noon) Central. The book voucher must be utilized by Friday, July 5, 2019, at 5 p.m. Central.
- Book Vouchers for the summer semester will not be approved prior to March 26, 2019.
- The maximum amount provided through the book voucher will be the lesser of $1,000 per semester, or the amount of excess financial aid available.
- The book voucher may only be utilized through Maryville’s official book vendor, MBS Direct.
- Any amount charged under the voucher will be applied to the student’s account and deducted from the student’s financial aid refund. Should the student’s charges not be posted prior to the refund being released, the student will be responsible for paying the charges on the student account directly.
- Only books and materials that are marked as required, recommended or optional for your specific courses can be applied to the book voucher.
Important Note for students in 8-week courses: Financial aid awards typically cover the full semester, which includes both 8-week terms. Students should plan to purchase books for the second half of the semester either with the book voucher at the beginning of the semester, or by using the financial aid refund issued thereafter. Book vouchers cannot be issued once financial aid has been disbursed and refunded.