Book Voucher Information
Maryville University students who have financial aid in excess of their tuition and fees and are anticipating a refund may apply for a book voucher. The book voucher will allow students (whose textbooks and course materials are not already provided to them directly by the university) to use their financial aid funds in advance of the semester and charge their textbooks and other required course materials to their student account.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SPRING 2020 SEMESTER
Due to a transition in the university’s course materials provider to RedShelf, the Spring 2020 semester book voucher process will operate differently than normal. Book vouchers prior to Fall 2019 allowed a student’s exact book charges to be posted back to their student account and paid for with financial aid. For Fall 2019 and Spring 2020, rather than exact charges, students who are approved for book vouchers will have a per credit hour charge posted to their student account.
Costs for Spring 2020 are as follows. “Per credit hour” refers to any attempted hours, which includes any active registration, courses being audited, and withdrawn courses.
- Students in any Nursing program (students enrolled in any BSN, MSN, PMSN, or DNP program): $60 per credit hour ($180 for a 3 credit hour course; note this applies to all courses in which the student is enrolled, and is not limited to NURS courses)
- NOTE for BSN Students: Supply kits for NURS 204, 206, 304, and 310 will need to be purchased separately and are NOT covered by this program. Please see Canvas for more details and a link to purchase.
- Students in all other programs: $30 per credit hour ($90 for a 3 credit hour course)
Prior to proceeding with your book voucher request, we recommend that you review the course materials required for your Spring 2020 semester courses and research pricing to determine if this is the best option for you.
Also note that since the charge is applied on a per credit hour basis, there will be no credit applied or refund granted for any course materials returned to RedShelf (if print) or otherwise not utilized. However, refund will be granted for any courses dropped prior to the drop deadline, as the credit hours associated with these courses would no longer be attempted.
Eligibility and usage requirements for book vouchers include:
- The student must be registered for Spring 2020 courses, and have financial aid for the semester which exceeds their charges.
- Only financial aid which meets all requirements to be disbursed will be considered. Please ensure you have accepted your aid and completed all additional requirements (examples: entrance counseling, master promissory note, PLUS loan application, etc). You can view your Financial Aid checklist by going to my.maryville.edu > AccessMU for Students > Financial Aid > Financial Aid Checklist.
- For students enrolled in courses spanning the full semester or in first eight week courses, the last day to complete an online book voucher request form is Thursday, January 16, 2020, at 12 p.m. (noon) Central.
- After the above noted deadline has passed, voucher requests will only be open to students who were not registered for full semester or first eight week Spring 2020 courses. The last day for second eight week only students to complete an online book voucher request form is Thursday, March 12, at 12 p.m. (noon) Central.
- We will begin review of book vouchers requests for Spring 2020 as of December 9, 2019.
- Students who are approved for a book voucher will have materials provided to them directly by RedShelf; no additional steps are required.
- Materials will be accessible 2 weeks prior to the start of the course, and can be accessed through Canvas.
- By default, students will be presented with digital material, if available, but have the option to select a print copy, if preferred.
- If your course schedule changes, access to digital materials will update in conjunction with your registration, within 24 hours of the change occurring.
- The per credit hour charge will be applied to the student’s account upon approval of the book voucher for the semester and deducted from the student’s financial aid refund.
Please do not proceed with the book voucher request until you have thoroughly read all information above and understand how the program will work for Spring 2020.
Spring 2020 Book Voucher Form