Maryville Mission, Vision and Core Values
Maryville University is one of the outstanding private universities in the Midwest offering an innovative liberal arts education leading to excellent academic and professional programs in the Arts and Sciences, Health Professions, Education and Business that prepare students for a life of engagement and achievement in multiple fields of endeavor.
Consistent with this mission, Maryville University is committed to achieving the following goals:
- Provide a learning environment where teaching and mentoring students is at the center of everything that we do.
- Provide an innovative liberal arts foundation for all of our students.
- Provide selective and cutting edge programs in the Arts and Sciences, Health Professions, Education and Business.
- Reflect the cultural diversity of the global community and build global awareness and understanding through myriad international programs.
- Make the values of ethical leadership, civic engagement, and sustainability prominent aspects of the student academic, co-curricular and spiritual experiences.
- Build a vibrant campus community through outstanding co-curricular programming, athletics, cultural events and intellectual exploration.
- Maintain a collegial environment embracing the values of academic freedom, fiscal responsibility and participatory university governance.
- Engage students in greater metropolitan St. Louis, serving the communities’ needs and providing our students with varied internship and service learning opportunities.
- Empower students to achieve their career goals and be successful participants in the global marketplace.
- Provide comprehensive programs for non-traditional students that empower their lives and uplift their career goals.
- Provide a community where civil discourse and mutual respect are values and actions shared by all.
Maryville University will be one of the outstanding private universities in the country offering an innovative liberal arts education leading to excellent academic and professional programs that prepare students for lives of achievement, global awareness and civic engagement.