ACT Residual Testing
Maryville University offers the ACT Residual test to those students who are interested in attending Maryville. The score is non-transferable. The test can be taken every 60 days by appointment only. The cost of the test is $35.00. For more details or to schedule an appointment, contact the Center for Academic Success and First-Year Experience at 314.529.9477.
ACT Testing Dates
- July 1, 2014 – 9:00 a.m.
- August 8, 2014 – 9:00 a.m.
- September 26, 2014 – 9:00 a.m.
- December 5, 2014 – 9:00 a.m.
- January 10, 2015 – 9:00 a.m.
- February 9, 2015 – 12:00 p.m.
- March 27, 2015 – 9:00 a.m.
- April 27, 2015 – 12:00 p.m.
- May 29, 2015 – 9:00 a.m.
- June 29, 2015 – 12:00 p.m.
ISYS Proficiency Exam
Maryville offers the ISYS 100 Computer Applications Proficiency examination to current students who feel they are proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access. If a passing score is achieved, the student may receive credit in ISYS 100 (section 60) with no class attendance. A student may take the proficiency exam one time per semester and twice overall. Students who pass the exam may either receive credit and a grade of “P” with regular tuition charges or may have the Student Service Center indicate proficiency on their transcript.
For more details or to schedule an appointment, contact the Center for Academic Success and First-Year Experience at 314.529.9477.
Speech Proficiency Exam
To sign up: Please go to http://blogs.maryville.edu/lleah/ and follow the directions to sign up for the exam. Additionally, this link has extensive information about the exam including the dates/times, the sign up sheet, university exam processes and procedures, detailed speech requirements for the persuasive and information speeches, and grading rubrics for both speeches.
Note: Students who are in their last semester of study at Maryville are not permitted to take the Speech Proficiency Examination.
The Speech Proficiency Examination is composed of three elements:
1) A 5-7 minute Informative Speech
2) A 5-7 minute Persuasive Speech
3) A written outline for each of the speeches (create an extemporaneous outline for each speech)
Detailed Information About the Speech Proficiency Examination may be found at http://blogs.maryville.edu/lleah/
Please carefully read the information provided in the link above. If you have questions and/or concerns after reading this material, please email the Director of Speech Communication, Dr. Carver, at firstname.lastname@example.org
College-Level Examination Program
Maryville offers the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) to both Maryville and non-Maryville students who seem strong in certain subjects. This program can be described as taking a final exam of a course without attending the class. Each test is taken online. Most CLEP exams are 90 minutes in length. No more that two CLEP exams can be taken in the same day. If the student does not pass, he/she may retake the exam in six months. Maryville University allows a total of 30 CLEP credits. For more details or to schedule an appointment, contact the Center for Academic Success and First-Year Experience at 314.529.9477. Please schedule tests at least one week in advance of the testing date. To see available exams, please click here.
Fees: $100 total:
- $80 for taking the CLEP test. Students pay the $80 fee in advance: Clep.collegeboard.org and create an account under Clep for test takers. Student pays the $80 fee, prints and brings their registration ticket on the day of the scheduled test.
- $20 to take the test at Maryville (Make checks payable to Maryville University, cash or credit cards accepted)
- For Maryville students, if a passing score is received, $50 per credit hours will be charged by Maryville to post the class on the student’s transcript.
Study guides and test examples: www.collegeboard.com
- Click on For Students
- Click Click on College Board Tests (CLEP)
- Click on Clep Exams (located under (CLEP)
- Study Guides are available to order from the University Bookstore or other retail book providers