Textbook Opt Out
Textbook Program Opt Out Form
The opt out option is available for traditional day undergraduate students and graduate students in the Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech-Language Pathology programs; students in all other programs are already excluded from the textbook program.
To opt out of the university’s textbook program, please carefully read the following information and complete the form below. You will receive an email to your Maryville University email address confirming receipt of the form, which will also be sent to the Solution Squad for processing. Once processing is complete, you will receive a second email confirming that you have been opted out, and for which semester/term it is effective.
We strongly encourage students who wish to opt out to submit their request by the following dates, or within 7 days of registration if enrolling after the date noted below. Opt out requests will be accepted through the start of the semester or 8 week term if only in second half courses; if submitted past the start of the semester/term, the opt out will be effective as of the following semester.
- Fall – July 31
- For students enrolled in second half courses only – September 30
- Spring – December 14
- For students enrolled in second half courses only – February 28
- Summer – April 30
- For students enrolled in second half courses only – June 30
Please note the following conditions for opting out:
- Students who opt out of the textbook program must obtain their own textbooks and course materials, and are responsible for ensuring they have the correct books and materials as required by the course instructor by the first day of class(es).
- The official source of information about what textbooks and materials are required for each course is accessible through the M Store website or by accessing RedShelf through your Canvas course section.
- Textbooks and course materials may no longer be obtained through the The M Store. Students must utilize external sources.
- Any textbooks or course materials that are not available commercially must still be provided to you under the textbook program, at no additional cost to you.
- Once an opt out request is processed by the university, the student is opted out of the program indefinitely.
- The full charge for the One Fee will still appear on your billing statement, along with a line detailing the amount credited for opting out of the textbook program.