What is START ALL About?
Student Testing, Advising, Registration and Transition (START) is designed as the beginning of your transition to Maryville University. This program will introduce you to the unique educational experiences that Maryville offers.
2020 START Dates
All summer START sessions have been moved to virtual sessions.
During START – You Will:
- Meet and interact with your future classmates, faculty, and staff
- Be introduced to the Digital World at Maryville University and receive an iPad to provide you the opportunity to engage in a more diverse, customizable, and interactive learning environment
- Receive your Maryville University student I.D.
- Receive one-on-one academic coaching and register for classes for your first semester at Maryville University
- Get your financial aid questions answered and meet the Solution Squad
- Attend sessions to help you prepare for your first year on campus
Before You Attend START:
- Send your college and Advanced Placement (AP) credits to the Office of Admissions. We will need the institution, exact course prefix, title, course number and credits earned (e.g., Maryville University, MATH 116: Intermediate Algebra, 3.0)
- Fill out your Parking Pass Permit Application.
You must pay your enrollment advance tuition payment of $250 before your START invitation email is sent. Please contact your Admission Counselor at 314-529-9350 with any questions regarding making this payment.
Bascom Honors Program
During START, we hope you will explore the unique opportunity to participate in the Bascom Honors Program. This involves enrolling in at least one Honors course during your START advising appointment.
First-year students entering Maryville with a high school GPA of 3.5 and above are invited to apply to the Bascom Honors Program. The mission of the program is to enrich the intellectual life of able and highly motivated undergraduate students, to create a community of students and faculty who love learning, to enhance the University’s intellectual climate and to further the integration of liberal and professional learning.
Local Hotel Rates
If you are in need of a hotel for START, we have a group rate at Marriot St. Louis – West.
Marriot St. Louis – West
660 Maryville Centre Drive
St. Louis, Missouri 63141