Reading time: 1 minute
This summer, whether the goal is academic research, finding a good study space, or checking out interesting material for vacation reading, the University Library remains open and available to the campus community and alumni, providing all the same services — many of which may not be widely known.
6 Things to Know About the Maryville University Library:
1. Mango Languages: The Library provides free access to Mango Languages, a linguist-approved software that teaches over 60 languages with fun and interactive material. Each Mango lesson incorporates the four key conversational components crucial for successful communication: vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, and culture.
2. Reference Appointments: Individuals can set up an appointment with a research librarian who will help identify relevant sources and information for coursework or personal projects.
3. Lynda.com: Complimentary access to Lynda.com, a video library of engaging, top-quality courses on a wide variety of subjects, is provided for Maryville students, faculty, and staff.
4. Access to Mobius and Interlibrary Loan: The Library provides the capacity to obtain books, articles, journals, videos, and other materials from particular databases, in addition to the University Library’s catalogue through Mobius and Interlibrary Loan.
5. Local Sources: Books by Maryville faculty, and students’ published works, are available in the University Library holdings.
6. Alumni Access: Maryville alumni may obtain a guest card from the Library’s circulation desk to access a broad range of Library databases while on campus.