On Campus Fall 2020
Welcome to Saints Nation
Access in-person, hybrid and online learning environments. We’re doing everything possible to create a healthy, safe environment in which you can continue your academic journey. Whether on campus, online or a combination of both, Maryville students benefit from engaging and enriching courses to ensure learning happens anywhere, anytime and in any way. We’re doing everything possible to create a healthy, safe environment in which you can continue your academic journey.
How to Prepare
- Students are required to fill out a daily health screening survey online before coming to campus.
- Students expected to limit personal exposures and to adhere to social distancing while away from campus.
- Follow CDC recommendations to avoid travel if possible and specifically nonessential international travel.
Classroom & Academic Settings
- Maryville is a SMART campus with state-of-the-art connectivity.
- iPads with 200+ pre-loaded learning apps for every fulltime traditional undergraduate student.
- Committed to individualized education for varied learning styles.
- Innovative and fun approaches to assignments and activities.
- In person or online, the world is your classroom.
- Faculty hold on-campus and online office hours.
- The number of people convening on campus is reduced. Some students will be in the classroom while others participate remotely.
- On-campus instruction concludes November 20 to mitigate exposure from Thanksgiving break travel and students will finish the semester through remote learning.
- We’ve enhanced classroom technology to provide virtual attendance in all learning spaces so the virtual learner joins in real time.
- High-level academic engagement and personal connection with students is available in any course delivery option they choose.
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Activities & Events
- Students can participate in campus life with social distancing requirements and infection-prevention measures in place.
- Students can access student support services in person and virtually — just as if they were on campus.
- Athletic and intramural competitions and practices are based on guidance from the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) and county health officials.
- Maryville’s life coach team is available in person or virtually to help with academic, personal and professional needs.
Health & Wellness
- Public health safeguards implemented such as symptom checks, wearing face coverings and deploying hand sanitizer stations across campus.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols implemented throughout campus.
- Expanded health and wellness services and additional resources for COVID-19 testing, should the need arise.