On Campus Fall 2020
Welcome to Saints Nation
Access to in-person, hybrid and online learning environments. We’re doing everything possible to create a healthy, safe environment in which you can continue your academic journey. Whether on campus or online, Maryville students benefit from engaging and enriching courses to ensure learning happens anywhere, anytime and in any way.
How to Prepare
- Students required to fill out a daily health screening survey online before entering campus.
- Students expected to limit personal exposures and to adhere to social distancing while away from campus.
- Follow CDC recommendations to avoid travel if possible and specifically nonessential international travel.
Classroom & Academic Settings
- Maryville is a SMART campus with state-of-the-art connectivity.
- iPads with 200+ pre-loaded learning apps for every fulltime traditional undergraduate student.
- Committed to individualized education for varied learning styles.
- Innovative and fun approaches to assignments and activities.
- In person or online, the world is your classroom.
- Faculty hold on-campus and online office hours.
- The number of people convening on campus will be reduced. Some students will be in the classroom while others participate remotely.
- On-campus instruction will conclude on November 20 to mitigate exposure from Thanksgiving break travel and students will finish the semester through remote learning.
- We’re enhancing classroom technology to provide virtual attendance in all learning spaces so the virtual learner joins in real time.
- High-level academic engagement and personal connection with students in whatever course delivery option they choose.
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Activities & Events
- Students will take part in campus life with social distancing requirements and infection-prevention measures in place.
- Students can access student support services in person and virtually — just as if they were on campus.
- Athletic and intramural competitions and practices based on guidance from the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) and county health officials.
- Maryville life coach team available in person or virtually to help with academic, personal and professional needs.
Health & Wellness
- Public health safeguards implemented such as symptom checks, wearing face coverings and deploying hand sanitizer stations across campus.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols implemented throughout campus.
- Expanded health and wellness services and additional resources for COVID-19 testing, should the need arise.