Online Students FAQs
Online Student Support
Online Students FAQs
As of July 7, 2020
If you have more questions, please contact the Solution Squad at (314) 529-9360 or email email@example.com.
- Will any of the on-campus changes impact the support I receive as an online student?
No. Maryville is committed to helping you achieve your education goals. We will still offer a variety of student support services including 24/7 technical support, academic support, personal counseling and life coaching. Click here for a full list of online student support services.
- My personal situation has been impacted by COVID-19 and I need to defer my application to the next term, how do I do that?
As you normally would, please contact your enrollment advisor for individualized guidance as needed. Your advisor will continue to be available for you and your questions via text, email and phone.
- What if my instructor becomes sick and cannot teach my online class?
We have existing processes in place for faculty who have health issues arise. Faculty will work directly with their schools and colleges should this occur. We do not anticipate interruptions to courses.
- How will attendance policies be affected by COVID-19?
Regular engagement in your online courses will be a high priority. If outside factors are influencing your ability to complete coursework, we advise you to alert your professor about your individual situation.
- With all on-campus instruction moving to virtual instruction after Thanksgiving Break, will there be any impact to the technology services or resources?
The virtual shift at the end of the fall semester will not impact technology support or resources for online students.
- I work in healthcare (or another affected industry), and I’m working overtime. What if I simply don’t have time for my coursework right now? What should I do?
At Maryville, the health and safety of our students, employees and their families are our top priorities. We understand there may be added factors in each individual’s scenario. If the pandemic is affecting your ability to complete your coursework, we advise you to alert your instructor to get class-specific guidance.
- Are nursing clinical requirements shifting due to COVID-19?
Students actively enrolled in a clinical rotation will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening and record their temperature twice daily in CastleBranch. Some clinical sites are requiring additional education and documentation regarding the use of PPE as well as the risks associated with clinical rotations.