Contactless Dining Services
As of October 19th, 2020
If you have more questions, please contact the Solution Squad at (314) 529-9360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maryville is adopting an innovative approach to dining services that allows us to prioritize the health and safety of our community while maintaining the quality of the dining experience. Our modified dining plan was informed by guidance from local health officials and Fresh Ideas, our food service management partner.
- Which dining facilities will be open during the fall semester? What are the hours of operation?
Gander Dining Hall, Louie’s, Starbucks and The M Store will be open for the fall semester. Hours at all our dining facilities are being adjusted and will be posted throughout campus and online as they are finalized.
- Does Maryville University require face coverings in dining areas?
Consistent with public health guidelines, face coverings are required while picking up food orders, walking through the dining hall, disposing of food waste and in all general areas of dining facilities. Once seated, while distanced from others by 6 feet, face coverings can be removed while actively consuming food and beverages.
- What extra steps are being taken to ensure the safety of guests?
All dining facilities will have designated entrances and exits marked with signage. There will also be social distancing markers on the floor to allow 6’ between guests. In areas where maintaining a physical distance of 6’ is difficult, physical barriers such as sneeze guards and partitions will be installed. All self-service stations have been removed and will be replaced with prepackaged options. This includes Gander Dining Hall stations including the salad bar, waffle station, condiments and beverage machines. Mobile ordering will be available for menu items as well as prepackaged silverware, condiments, canned and bottled beverages, and limited snacks and desserts.
- What enhanced health, safety, and cleaning protocols are taking place in dining facilities?
Maryville is implementing the following protocols in dining facilities:
• Additional handwashing practices and education.
• Social distancing requirements.
• Recommended use of hand sanitizer for all.
• All employees are required to complete a daily health survey prior to reporting to work.
• All staff required to wear gloves and face masks.
• Signs posted informing guests of safety and sanitation procedures.
• All dining services staff are required to participate in a COVID-19 training course.
• Periodic use of disinfectant sprayer to sanitize dining and service areas.
- Where can Community Members enjoy their food and beverages?
Community Members may consume food and beverage only in following approved dining facilities:
- Gander Dining Hall
- DUC Atrium
- In your own residential room/apartment
- For employees, in your own office/workspace
- Tented areas outdoors
- All other outdoor spaces while distanced from others by 6 feet
Food and beverage, except water, is prohibited in all other campus spaces, including but not limited to the Library, Classrooms, Residential Lounges and other common spaces.
Gander Dining Hall will have limited seating available. Based on current public health guidelines, we anticipate occupancy will be limited to 50% of the building’s authorized fire code occupancy. Additional outdoor seating will also be available outside Gander Dining Hall. All seating will be removed from inside Louie’s and Starbucks. Food and beverages from Louie’s, Starbucks and The M Store will be carryout only, with limited outdoor seating available.
- Will I be able to eat my meal inside a dining facility?
Yes, but with limitations. Gander Dining Hall will have limited seating available. Based on current public health guidelines, we anticipate occupancy will be limited to 50% of the building’s authorized fire code occupancy. Additional outdoor seating will also be available outside Gander Dining Hall. All seating will be removed from inside Louie’s and Starbucks. Food and beverages from Louie’s, Starbucks and The M Store will be carryout only, with limited outdoor seating available. We are exploring options to create additional outdoor seating to increase capacity.
- Will the Dining Hall be delivering meals to residence halls and apartments?
A limited menu will be available for delivery, with specific hours for delivery and specific drop-off locations for each residential facility.
- Can both residential and commuter students eat on campus?
Residential students’ meal plan (called Dining Dollars) can be accessed on the Transact App and used at Gander Dining Hall, Louie’s, Starbucks and The M Store. Those students assigned to the St. Louis Marriot West or the Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield will have the same meal plan options as students living in residence halls. More information about meal plans can be found here.
Commuter students may order food from all the same campus dining establishments. They will need to add funds via the Transact app to access their Saints Dollars when visiting campus.
- Will I be able to use the kiosk ordering system?
All dining facilities are implementing a mobile ordering system through the Transact app to eliminate congestion and waiting in serving areas. The Transat app allows for contactless ordering and payment as well as rapid pick up.
- Will the dining facilities still offer foods that accommodate special dietary needs?
If you have any dietary needs, please contact Linda Thacker, director of dining services, at (314) 529-9308 or email@example.com to ensure your needs are met.
- What if I am sick, staying in my room and need food?
All students will have the option of ordering from the dining hall for delivery to their residence hall. Special food service protocols will be implemented to support residential students who are identified as needing to quarantine due to exposure to COVID-19 or a COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Can I still get food delivered to my residence hall or apartment from local restaurants or grocery stores?
Grocery and food deliveries are allowed on campus. Students will be allowed to arrange curbside delivery and need to meet the delivery drivers in front of the building.
- Are meal plans changing?
Meal plans are not changing. Dining services and menu options are being revised to provide flexibility for all residential students while implementing protocols and practices to help lessen the likelihood of COVID-19 transmission. Meal plans will end with the Thanksgiving break, but balances can be rolled over to the spring semester.
Students assigned to the St. Louis Marriot West or the Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield will have the same meal plan options as students living in residence halls. More information about meal plans can be found here.
- Are menus changing at any of the dining facilities?
We are excited to offer many new menu options in Gander Dining Hall beginning this fall.
• Mozzie’s will offer authentic, freshly made pizzas and pastas using customizable ingredients.
• Sushi with Gusto will offer fresh, made-to-order sushi, poke bowls and sushi burritos.
• Saborijos will bring the traditions of Old Mexico to life with menu items such as street tacos, burritos, bowls and chips with homemade queso.
• Slow Jam BBQ will offer bona-fide smoked BBQ with secret seasonings and unique sides.
• The Urban Hen menu will remain the same, offering modern and classic chicken menu items
• All salads and sandwiches will be available as prepackaged menu items; the deli is no longer available. New salads and sandwiches will be added to the menu as well as past best sellers.