COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Information
With all Missourians now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, we hope you’ve made plans to get vaccinated. There are now many options for both scheduled appointments and walk-ins in the St. Louis area and across the state.
Maryville expects all community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before returning to campus for the fall semester. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to returning to campus for the fall semester will be subject to additional health and safety requirements. In order to be exempted from additional health and safety requirements, community members must submit proof of vaccination by August 15, 2021.
Community members who are not fully vaccinated will be required to:
- Complete a COVID-19 test before returning to campus for the fall semester
- Complete minimum weekly COVID-19 testing during the academic year
- Complete a daily health screening survey
- Wear a face covering indoors in the following settings on campus:
- Fitness Centers/Gyms – Face coverings are required at all times in all indoor fitness centers/gyms, including when exercising.
- Athletics – All athletes participating in a sporting event while not actively playing.
- Dining Facilities – Face coverings are required while picking up food orders, walking through the dining hall, disposing of food waste and in all general areas of dining facilities. Once seated, while distanced from others by 6 feet, face coverings can be removed while actively consuming food or beverages.
- All other Indoor Spaces – Face coverings are required in all indoor spaces unless students are in their residential room/apartment without guests or employees are alone in their office.
- Attending Maryville Meetings, Events, and Gatherings – Face coverings are required for all individuals attending indoor Maryville meetings, events, and gatherings held both on and off campus. Face coverings are not required outdoors but are highly encouraged when outdoors and social distancing cannot be maintained.
We acknowledge that some individuals have health, religious and other reasons why they cannot get vaccinated. For those individuals, the COVID-19 testing, daily health survey and face coverings will be required.
While Maryville does not require COVID-19 vaccination, students should be aware that some third-party external sites, such as clinical sites, study abroad programs, student teaching or internship sites, may require vaccination. Per Maryville’s affiliation agreements with these third-party sites, we are required to comply with the standards implemented by the site. Maryville will work with students to identify alternative options should external vaccination requirements present a barrier to a student’s participation; however, Mayville cannot guarantee the availability of alternative sites or that alternatives will be comparable to the student’s preferred site. Getting the vaccine is the surest way to help avoid any disruption to your academic progression.
Submitting Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
Once you’ve received the COVID-19 vaccine, it’s important you report your vaccination via our vaccination reporting form to be exempted for health and safety requirements such as testing, wearing a face covering and completing the daily health screening survey. The form is confidential.
The Office of Health and Wellness will review records submitted on an ongoing basis and individuals may be exempted from health and safety requirements at any point in the academic year after proof of vaccination is submitted.
Maryville has been approved as a vaccination site by the State of Missouri. We’ve received doses and are now scheduling vaccination appointments.
Vaccinations will be administered in the Health and Wellness Office by their nursing staff. Students can expect the entire process from check-in through the post-vaccination monitoring period to take no more than 30 minutes.
Walk in Vaccination Clinics
Maryville Health and Wellness will be offering walk in vaccination clinics in the Health and Wellness Office on the following dates and times:
- Friday, November 19: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Thursday, December 2: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Monday, December 6: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Thursday, December 9: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Monday, December 13: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 14: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Monday, January 10: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Thursday, January 13: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 18: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Thursday, January 20: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Vaccine Site Search
Need help finding a vaccination site near you? Enter your zip code on Vaccines.gov for COVID-19 vaccinations near you, nationwide. COVID-19 vaccinations are widely available at most healthcare providers and pharmacies.
State Of Missouri Vaccine Navigator
The State of Missouri has a Vaccine Navigator tool to help Missourians navigate the COVID-19 vaccination process. You can find the tool here.
If you have questions about the vaccine, please contact Health and Wellness at 314-529-9520.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccines, visit our FAQ page.
We offer on-campus COVID-19 testing to students through Maryville’s Health and Wellness Office in circumstances where healthcare officials determine that testing is warranted. The availability of testing may be limited based on the availability of testing supplies and staffing capacity within the Health and Wellness Office. In cases where Maryville is unable to provide on-campus testing for students, referrals to other healthcare providers may be provided.
Students are required to notify the Health and Wellness Office using the Health Screening Survey if they receive a positive COVID-19 test result or if a healthcare provider notifies them that they are presumed positive.
Consistent with CDC guidance, community members who are not fully vaccinated will be required to complete periodic COVID-19 surveillance testing on a minimum weekly basis. Following CDC guidance, this could increase to twice weekly testing based on the rate of transmission in the broader community.
Maryville considers testing weeks Monday through Sunday, and the weekly testing deadline is Sunday at 11:59 p.m. All on-campus testing will take place in Huttig Chapel. There are two testing options: off-campus or on-campus. Walk-in testing hours are:
Monday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
There will be no testing during Thanksgiving Week (Nov. 22 — 26) or December 11 — January 9.
Full weekly testing instructions can be found here.
You do not have to get tested for COVID-19 at Maryville, but if you get tested elsewhere, you are responsible for providing documentation of your COVID-19 test results from a healthcare facility via Maryville’s COVID-19 Submission form. You must submit your test results by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday of each week.
For more information about weekly testing, please see our FAQs.
Free COVID-19 Testing Options
There are also several FREE COVID-19 community testing programs:
1. Doineedacovid19test.com – Federal program that provides of list of pharmacies across the country that will provide free COVID-19 testing
2. Health.mo.gov/communitytest – provides a list of State of Missouri pharmacies that provide free walk-in testing.
3. To order a free at-home COVID-19 test kit visit: Health.mo.gov/communitytest