Woke up with a sore throat? Sneezes won’t stop? Up all night coughing? Being sick is never fun. Your symptoms could be caused by many things, like the flu or a common cold. And we can’t forget about COVID-19.
OK, so maybe you can’t prevent every illness. But you can still do a lot now to help your body fight off germs later.
Healthy Habits to Help Protect Against Illness
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Clean your hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Get plenty of sleep
- Eat nutritious foods
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Manage stress
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school
When to seek Medical Care for Illness
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
- Persistent dizziness, confusion, inability to arouse
- Not urinating
- Severe muscle pain
- Severe weakness or unsteadiness
- Fever or cough that improve but then return or worsen
- Worsening of chronic medical conditions
If you feel you need medical care, call 314-529-9520 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.