WOMEN ARE THE FORCE
Mark Your Calendars for Maryville University’s Inaugural Season of the Force Leadership Series.
As part of this series, you’ll hear inspiring messages from a dynamic group of women leaders discussing career decisions, risk-taking and lessons in mentorship.
All events will include a networking breakfast and panel discussion moderated by Tammie Holland, Public Relations Executive (THPR) and Radio Veteran.
Networking Breakfast 7:30 AM | Panel Discussion: 8:00 AM
LOCATION: The Bayer Studio at Nine Network of Public Media, 3655 Olive Street, Saint Louis, MO 63108
Women and STEAM: Creating a Welcoming Environment — ****Postponed until further notice****
APRIL 2, 2020
- Passion Bragg, Normandy Schools Collaborative STEM champion
- Dena Ladd, Executive Director, Missouri Cures
- Chrystal Riley-Stark, Senior Vice President – Mastercard
- Dr. Margie Vandeven, Commissioner of Education, State of Missouri
Established in 2013, our Force initiative is a community-driven program that engages women of all ages and interests along three key focus areas:
The program’s mission and vision support a range of activities.
Mission: Maryville’s Force initiative drives conversation and relationships among both current and emerging female leaders through innovative experiences.
Vision: Through lifelong learning, talent development and mentoring, the Maryville Force initiative inspires and motivates female leaders in the St. Louis community.
Force provides professional development and networking opportunities throughout each year, providing avenues for women to learn, engage with one another, and discover ways to become more involved in causes they believe in. The program also collaborates with other women’s initiatives, celebrates women who inspire and motivate, and raises awareness of social, economic and cultural issues.
Women Making a Difference
in the Community
SEPTEMBER 12, 2019
- Nora Amato, Executive Director, Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce
- Leslie Gill, Executive Director, RUNG
- Opal Jones, President and CEO, Doorways
- Julie Pole, Executive Director, Food Outreach
- Michelle D. Tucker, President and CEO, United Way of Greater St. Louis
Entrepreneurship from a Woman’s Perspective
DECEMBER 5, 2019
- Dr. Tammy Gocial, Interim Dean, John E. Simon School of Business, Maryville University
- Dr. Patty Hagen, Executive Director, T-Rex
- Gloria Carter Hicks, President and CEO, Hicks-Carter-Hicks
- Brandyn Jones, Founder and Executive Director, Animal House Cat Rescue and Adoption Center
Health Care and Its Professions:
Women Leading the Way
FEBRUARY 6, 2020
- Christine Candio, FACHE,
President and CEO, St. Luke’s Hospital Corporation
- Dr. Michelle Jenkins-Unterberg, Dean, Walker College of Health Professions, Maryville University
- Candace Jennings, Regional President, SSM Health St. Louis
- Tracie Berry McGhee, Executive Director, SistaKeeper