March 12, 2012
- BS in Health & Human Services University at Buffalo
- MS Rehabilitation Counseling University at Buffalo
- Ph.D. Counselor Education University at Buffalo
Research Methods, Practicum, Internship, Counseling Theory, Career Development
Counseling Pedagogy and Action Research
When I’m Not Teaching
I enjoy woodworking and creating furniture.
- Kiener, M. S. (2016). Using metacognition processes to better understand teaching and learning. In Blythe, H., Sweet, C., & Carpenter, R. (Eds.), It works for me metacognitively. Stillwater, OK: New Forums.
- Kiener, M., Zelinske, A., Green, P. (2015). Utilizing experiential learning in a research methods course to increase value and comfort in research. Transformative Dialogues Teaching and Learning Journal. [Online] 8(1). Available:
- Kiener, M. S. (2015). Using evolving case studies to deepen student learning. In Blythe, H., Sweet, C., & Carpenter, R. (Eds.), It works for me creatively flipping the classroom. Stillwater, OK: New Forums.
- Ahuna, K. H., Tinnesz, C. G., Kiener, M. S. (2014). A new era of critical thinking in professional programs. Transformative Dialogues Teaching and Learning Journal. [Online] 7(3). Available:
- Kiener, M. S., Green, P., & Ahuna, K. (2014) Using the comfortability in learning scale to enhance positive classroom learning environments. Insight: A Journal of Scholarly Teaching 9, 36-43.
- Kiener, M. S., Ahuna, K. H., & Gray Tinnesz, C. (2014). Documenting critical thinking in a capstone course: Moving students toward a professional disposition. Educational Action Research 22, 109-121.
- Kiener, M. S., Green, P., Ahuna, K., & McCluskey, J. (2013). Creation of the comfortability in learning scale. Transformative Dialogue: Teaching and Learning Journal. [Online] 6(3). Available:
- Kiener, M.S., & Koch, A. (2012). Distance education practices in rehabilitation education. Rehabilitation Research, Policy, and Education 26, 287-288.