Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Leadership Admission Requirements
Acceptance into the Program
Students accepted into the program will have an overall minimum grade point average of 3.0. The acceptance decision also takes into consideration previous graduate and professional experience.
Applicants to the Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Leadership will submit the following:
- Completed Application (online or paper), along with a non-refundable application processing fee;
- A 300-word written statement of purpose that explains why you have chosen the Strategic Communication and Leadership program and how it will help you accomplish your education and/or career goals;
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
The M.A. in Strategic Communication and Leadership offers a rolling admission so that students can be admitted into any semester. Applications are reviewed as soon as all supporting materials have been received.
International Students must also submit the following:
- College/university transcripts that have been professionally evaluated. See Transcript Evaluation.
- Submit an official TOEFL IBT with a minimum score of 85 or IELTS score with a minimum of 6.5. Waivers may be granted if the student has finished a bachelor’s degree at an English speaking institution or their native language is English.
For those students whose grades do not meet the overall minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or whose admissions application is incomplete, conditional acceptance may be granted provided there is other evidence that the applicant has the ability to do satisfactory graduate work. Such evidence might include an excellent record of graduate work at another institution, high scores on any of the graduate school tests, or exceptional professional experience.
Students whose undergraduate GPA is under 3.0 will be re-evaluated after they have taken 6 graduate credits. If their graduate GPA is lower than 3.0, they will be asked to withdraw from the program. Students who have been granted conditional acceptance due to incomplete admissions applications must complete their application prior to beginning their third course. Their applications will be re-evaluated as soon as all documents have been received.