Game Design - Program Features
This intensive BFA program consists of 132 credit hours. It merges a foundation in formal visual communication and game design theory and history, with emerging technology and industry-targeted curriculum. While delivering broad overview of the discipline and industry, the program is strongly based in concept, art, design, motion, and illustration. The program emphasizes the creative process, story development, user experience and user interface components of game design.
Students will be immersed in the technologies that drive the interactive and game design industries. In addition to specialized game design courses, studies also include courses in design, motion graphics and development, and electives in 3-D modeling, user experience and more.
- The Game Design Concentration emphasizes critical thinking, creative problem solving and developing a professional and marketable skill-set.
- The program uniquely emphasizes the creative, concept development and user experience aspects of game design, targeting versatile and fulfilling career opportunities.
- Beyond Game Design courses, the curriculum also includes coursework in motion, user experience, web design, interface design and digital storytelling.
- Maryville’s Game Design Concentration is built on the strength of our proven Interactive Design curriculum.
- Current Maryville Interactive Design graduates have interned and gained employment directly in the field of game design.
- The curriculum was developed in consultation with game design industry experts.