Photography and Digital Art - Program Features
This intensive BFA program consists of 132 credit hours. The emphasis is on concept development, artistic expression, and mastering market-ready skill sets. The program includes a strong foundation in formalism, traditional media, design, theory and art history; advanced study in digital media; access to cutting-edge technology and equipment; expert instruction and mentoring; and professional experience. This combination of the traditional and the new maintains a firm footing in the values of studio art, while embracing the new spectrum of contemporary and commercial art.
- Uniquely fuses studies in Commercial Photography, Photojournalism and Conceptual Photography
- Focused on critical thinking, creativity, artistic expression and developing a professional and marketable skill-set
- Access to, and instruction in, cutting-edge technology and equipment
- Built-in opportunities for professional experience
- Expert mentoring and instruction
- Targets versatile and fulfilling career opportunities
- Curiculum includes required and optional courses in emerging meda including Video, 3D Digital Modeling, Web Design and Motion Graphics Production
- Current Maryville Design & Visual Art graduates have interned and gained employment in fields such as photography production for advertising, wedding and event, product marketing, portraiture studios, magazines and more.
- Students have gained acceptance to competitive graduate schools in diverse areas.
- Students graduate with an academic thesis, and both a commercial and a conceptual portfolio.