As a state-of-the-art health professions facility, Walker Hall will include:
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver Certification.
- Classroom labs equipped with the latest information technology and instrumentation.
- Practice settings for students to learn in environments resembling those in which they will later practice as healthcare professionals. Learning in simulated settings for the home, clinic and intensive care unit (ICU/CCU) will allow students to master skills in an environment that poses no risk to learners or patients.
- Development and nurturing of important synergies among the health professions programs. The proximity of resources housed within the building itself will encourage an interdisciplinary relationship between varying fields of study. This will help foster a well-integrated team of healthcare providers.
- Student-faculty interaction areas that promote collaboration, informal interaction and interdisciplinary learning.