Virtual Relaxation Room
Relaxation and Meditation Recordings
You can practice any of these guided meditation or relaxation exercises on your own, whether you listen to them in your ipod before a big exam or through your computer before you go to sleep. Enjoy!
- Beach Relaxation (audio)
- Progressive Relaxation – Coming Soon! (audio)
- Safe Place (audio)
Tip sheets (pdf)
There’s an app for that!
If you’re interested in adding relaxation resources to your smart phone, search the following terms to locate available apps:
- Relaxation music
- Sounds of nature
- Stress free
- Stress reducer
- Stress management
Specific app suggestions:
- Icounselor: anxiety ($.99)
- Relax and sleep well (FREE)
- The ABC of Better Sleep ($2.99)
- Relax and Rest Guided Meditations ($.99)
Music for Wellness
Here are some playlists we put together through Spotify. Feel free to let us know if you have any suggested songs for us to add!
Music links through youtube
- Absolutely Sleeping Music, (K-MusicLife Sounds, YouTube, 7:10)
- Sleep Music, (Sleep Music Store, YouTube, 10:01)
- 8 Hours of “Waterfall Sounds” “Sleep Sounds”, (yogaduke, YouTube, 8:01:01)
- A Moment of Peace Meditation, (Aneal & Bradfield, “Heaven and Earth Spirits” track from Life & Love), YouTube, lovely contemporary piano music with accompanying instruments and nature scenes, 3:36.
- Quiet Mind, (Nawang Khechog, “Quiet Mind” track 3 from Universal Love,) YouTube, relaxing Tibetan meditation flute music, 3:26.
- Echoes of Time, (C. Carlos Nakai from the Canyon Trilogy), YouTube, serene Native American flute music, with a picture of Nakai backlit by the sun at the Grand Canyon, 3:49.
- The Winding Path, (Kevin Kern from The Winding Path), YouTube, highly rated, beautiful piano music with accompanying instruments with pictures of exquisite flowers and plants, 3:59.
- Angels of Venice – Pachelbel’s Canon in D Major, (Angels of Venice from Music for Harp, Flute and Cello), YouTube, classical with 3 instruments with nature pictures, 4:30.
- Earth Drum – “Spirit Vision,” (David & Steve Gordon), YouTube, serene and lovely contemporary Native American informed-drumming music utilizing Taos Log Drum and Incan Pan along with other instruments and ocean/forest nature scenes, 6:30. (Other David & Steve Gordon music automatically starts after “Spirit Vision,” which you can listen to if you want).
- Spa Relaxing Music Long Time Mp3 with Candle Light, YouTube, tranquil contemporary instrumental with piano and a fixed candle light, 42:42.
- Relaxation Music – 1 Hour Meditation Candle, YouTube, serene contemporary instrumental with piano and one flickering candle, 1:00:54.
- Sleep Deeply, (Dan Gibson, multiple cd’s) YouTube, nature sounds and instrumental, tranquil sleep music, 41:00.