Virtual Relaxation Room
Relaxation and Meditation Recordings
You can practice any of these guided meditation or relaxation exercises on your own, whether you listen to them in your ipod before a big exam or through your computer before you go to sleep. Enjoy!
- Peaceful Place Relaxation
- Muscle Relaxation
- Mindfulness Meditation for Beginners
- Loving Kindness Meditation
- Guided Sitting Meditation
- Body Image Relaxation
Tip sheets (pdf)
There’s an app for that!
If you’re interested in adding relaxation resources to your smart phone, search the following terms to locate available apps:
- Relaxation music
- Sounds of nature
- Stress free
- Stress reducer
- Stress management
Specific app suggestions:
- Virtual Hope Box: help with coping, relaxation, distraction, and positive thinking.
- MindShift: learn how to relax, develop more helpful ways of thinking, identify steps to take charge of your anxiety.
- The Mindfulness App: a tool for reducing stress, increasing well being, and becoming more present in your life.
- Breathe 2 Relax: learn and practice diaphragmatic breathing.
- T2MoodTracker: allows users to self-monitor, track and reference their emotional experience.
- Mindfulness Coach: learn to practice mindfulness.
- Relax Melodies: select sounds and melodies that you like and combine them to create a mix of relaxing sounds.
- Relax and Sleep Well: aims to help you overcome insomnia, stress and anxiety, and sleep well at night.
- Icounselor: has specific apps for handling anxiety, depression, anger, OCD, and eating disorders.
- The ABC of Better Sleep: methods for getting a better night’s sleep
- Relax and Rest Guided Meditations: learn and practice guided meditation and relaxation.
- Circle of 6: connect with your friends to stay close, stay safe and prevent violence before it happens.
- Companion: lets you reach out to family, friends, or your public safety department to have them keep an eye on your as you travel late at night.
Lifeline Response: tracks your phone and will even call the police instantly if your thumb is removed from the screen.
Relaxing Games for a Quick Study Break
- Sleeping Tiger Jigsaw
Music for Wellness
Music links through youtube
- Absolutely Sleeping Music, (K-MusicLife Sounds, YouTube, 7:10)
- Sleep Music, (Sleep Music Store, YouTube, 10:01)
- 8 Hours of “Waterfall Sounds” “Sleep Sounds”, (yogaduke, YouTube, 8:01:01)
- A Moment of Peace Meditation, (Aneal & Bradfield, “Heaven and Earth Spirits” track from Life & Love), YouTube, lovely contemporary piano music with accompanying instruments and nature scenes, 3:36.
- Echoes of Time, (C. Carlos Nakai from the Canyon Trilogy), YouTube, serene Native American flute music, with a picture of Nakai backlit by the sun at the Grand Canyon, 3:49.
- The Winding Path, (Kevin Kern from The Winding Path), YouTube, highly rated, beautiful piano music with accompanying instruments with pictures of exquisite flowers and plants, 3:59.
- Angels of Venice – Pachelbel’s Canon in D Major, (Angels of Venice from Music for Harp, Flute and Cello), YouTube, classical with 3 instruments with nature pictures, 4:30.
- Earth Drum – “Spirit Vision,” (David & Steve Gordon), YouTube, serene and lovely contemporary Native American informed-drumming music utilizing Taos Log Drum and Incan Pan along with other instruments and ocean/forest nature scenes, 6:30. (Other David & Steve Gordon music automatically starts after “Spirit Vision,” which you can listen to if you want).
- Spa Relaxing Music Long Time Mp3 with Candle Light, YouTube, tranquil contemporary instrumental with piano and a fixed candle light, 42:42.
- Relaxation Music – 1 Hour Meditation Candle, YouTube, serene contemporary instrumental with piano and one flickering candle, 1:00:54.
- Sleep Deeply, (Dan Gibson, multiple cd’s) YouTube, nature sounds and instrumental, tranquil sleep music, 41:00.