Theme Two: Create an Engaging Campus Culture
Promote faculty development focused on new pedagogies, externally peer-reviewed scholarly activities, teaching excellence, the integration of liberal and professional learning and assessment strategies.
- Develop and implement a plan that strengthens and promotes academic innovation.
- Enhance the Center for Teaching and Learning and create new centers (e.g. international education, first-year experience), to promote academic and student life.
Enhance and sustain a vibrant campus and academic life for all constituencies.
- Increase the proportion of students taught by full-time faculty.
- Increase partnerships that will enhance opportunities for students, faculty and staff to engage with the community.
- Strengthen the University’s commitment to diversity among faculty, students, staff and board members in order to achieve global awareness and cultural competence.
- Develop and implement a student-centered information technology plan.
- Develop and implement an international plan that distinguishes our liberal education experience and supports increased enrollment.
- Develop and implement an athletics plan that supports the enrollment plan.
- Augment existing student activity programs for all students.