Important Event Information
In case of an emergency, consult your adult leader(s). Adults can contact Tom Spudich, Kyra Krakos or Sue Arnott at Maryville University. The main campus number is 314-529.9300 or send an email to any of us. We are all available and accessible during both days. firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Symposium Rules and Regulations
- Be present. You are required to remain for the entire symposium and attend all sessions, meetings, tours and activities. Any early departure should first be cleared with the JSEHS Co-Directors.
- Identify yourself. Please wear your name badge at all activities. It is your entry ticket. Plus, it’s a really cool name badge.
- Be a good guest. All students must be in their hotel rooms by midnight. You are one of many guests at the hotel. Please be respectful of everyone’s right to get a good night’s sleep. We want hotels to think JSEHS = great guests!
- Show gratitude. Enough said.
- Listen. Turn off your cell phone during sessions. Put away your ear buds and give your presenters your complete attention. It’s just good manners.
- Keep clean. We have a zero tolerance rule for any unlawful use or possession of drugs, alcoholic beverages, or tobacco at any time during the 2-day symposium. Anyone violating this rule will be sent home automatically at their own expense. Parents will be notified. Just not worth it.
- Each student will travel to field trips in a designated pack. Your pack name is on your name badge. Your field trip ticket is in your registration folder. Visit the web site to review each destination.
- Hand your ticket to your accompanying teacher on your trip.
- You were registered for a particular trip based on your perceived interest. We did our best to keep it organized and focused on you. Stay with your assigned pack and field trip. Lunches have been planned based on guest lists. We can not be flexible with last minute changes.
- Respect field trip rules. Cameras and cell phones are prohibited for each field trip. Because your arrival is followed by a field trip, come dressed for all options—all should bring outerwear, wear long pants, close-toed shoes and leave your camera and phone in a secure area. None of the sites allow these items.
Concurrent Paper Sessions
- Presentations start promptly at 8:30 am on Saturday. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at the hotel and arrive ready for a full day. If you are presenting, scope out your location the day before. The campus is easily navigated. The sessions are all in the same building.
- Signs are posted outside every room holding a session. Presenters are listed in order of appearance. Each presentation will last 12 minutes followed by a 3-minute question/answer period. No one may enter or exit a room during these 15 minutes. You may switch rooms during the 7-minute break between each presenter
Drury Hotel, list address: 11980 Olive Blvd. (Highway 270 exit 14) Creve Coeur. MO 63141; (314) 989-1100.
Best route between campus and hotel:
- From Maryville campus, head north on Hwy. 141 (Woods Mill) to Olive (MO 340 E) (2.2.miles);
- Head East (turn right) on Olive about 2.5 miles. Drury Inn is on the right side of road.
- Check in will occur after your Friday afternoon activities. You will have 2 hours to check in, clean up and return to campus for the banquet.
- Unless you are staying an extra night, check out will occur when you leave on Saturday morning. Please allow sufficient time to eat, shower and check out and arrive on campus before presentations begin at 8:30am.. Any incidental expenses you incur will require your payment at check-out.
- Stay in your assigned room. In case of an emergency, we will know where you are.