Undergraduate Nursing Program
The undergraduate nursing program has three pre-licensure options. One option is designed to admit traditional age students as freshmen. A second option is the Weekend and Evening college option. The Fast Track option is primarily designed for transfer students who have completed 65 credits of liberal arts and science coursework.
In addition, the nursing program has an option for those individuals who already are licensed nurses who wish to complete the BSN. Each option accepts students for the fall semester each year. RN students are accepted each term; procedure for admission is available from the Nursing Office. Transfer students may apply at any time; admission is dependent upon compliance with admission requirements and available space in the courses needed by the student.
- Admission to Maryville University
- ACT composite score of 23
- Minimum cumulative high school or college GPA of 3.0
- A TOEFL score of 550 with no subscore under 50 for students for whom English is a second language
- Advanced placement in the program is available for transfer students with college credit in nursing courses
- Documentation of health requirements
According to 335.066 RSMo of the Missouri Nurse Practice Act, completion of the program does not guarantee eligibility to take the licensure exam.