Pre-Departure To Do List
Predeparture To-Do List: complete the steps below before coming to the U.S.
1. Apply for a student visa
· Sign your I-20 or DS-2019 on page 1
· Pay SEVIS I-901 fee prior to applying for a U.S. visa. Pay $200USD for F-1 visa or $180USD for J-1 visa.
· Contact the nearest US Embassy or U.S. Consulate to schedule a visa interview
· Complete a student visa application form available online only.
2. Bring the following documents to your visa appointment
· A completed visa application
· The original I-20 or DS-2019 form
· Your Maryville admission letter
· The SEVIS I-901 fee payment receipt
· The visa fee payment
· A valid passport
· One photograph (5.1×5.1cm) (See Embassy website)
· Original academic records and examination certificates (TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.) if applicable
· Official documents to demonstrate your financial support (scholarship letter and/or bank documents)
· Any evidence to demonstrate strong ties to your home country
3. Send the following documents to the International Admissions Office before your arrival
· $100 enrollment deposit (bachelor level students only)
· Student Payment Agreement Form
· Department forms (if applicable)
· An original or certified copy of your final academic document (transcript) and Certificate of Completion
· Complete the required Maryville Health Form
· Housing and Meal Plan Form (for students living on-campus)
4. Take care of your health before your arrival
· Conduct an eye exam and get an extra pair of glasses or contact lenses before coming to the U.S.
· Visit a dentist and take care of any dental concerns.
· Get vaccinations (immunizations) if needed (see health form).
· Bring your vaccination (immunization) records with you.
· Bring a supply of medicine and prescriptions for re-fills
5. Arrange your housing
- On-campus housing: Residence Halls and Apartments
6. Airport Transportation
Check out the airport pick-up dates and submit an online request form at least two weeks prior to your arrival if you would like to be met at the Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL) by a representative from Maryville University. If your flight is delayed or cancelled please call 1.314.529.9503 or 1.314.387.3848.
If your flight plan changes, you are delayed unexpectedly, or a University Representative is unable to meet you at the Airport, you may follow the following recommended plan of action: Take a taxi from the airport to Marriott West – Maryville Centre, 660 Maryville Centre Drive, St. Louis, MO 63141, 314-514-7300, which is located near Maryville University. If you choose to take a taxi, this will cost approximately US$30 to US$40, plus gratuity.