Michael KienerDirector of the Rehabilitition Counseling Program/Professor of Rehabilitation Counseling
- BS in Health & Human Services University at Buffalo
- MS Rehabilitation Counseling University at Buffalo
- Ph.D. Counselor Education University at Buffalo
Research Methods, Practicum, Internship, Counseling Theory, Career Development
Counseling Pedagogy and Action Research
When I’m Not Teaching
I enjoy woodworking and creating furniture.
- Kiener, M. S. (2012). The evolution of teaching and learning participant. Teaching and Learning Together in Higher Education. [Online] 5. Click here for publication.
- Kiener, M. S., & Ahuna, K., H. (2011). Creativity as a disposition. In Blythe, H., & Sweet, C. (Eds.), It works for me creatively (p 111). Stillwater, OK: New Forums.
- Kiener, M. S., & Weaver, C. (2011). Examining how cognitive and affective learning strategies change as students complete coursework. Transformative Dialogue: Teaching and Learning Journal. [Online] 5(1). Click here for publication.
- Kiener, M. S. (2010).The not so obvious strategies to become a publishing research scholar. In Blythe, H., & Sweet, C. (Eds.), It works for me becoming a publishing scholar/researcher. Stillwater, OK: New Forums.
- Kiener, M. S. (2010). Gray matter: Examining college teaching: A coaching perspective. Rehabilitation Education 24, 69-74.
- Koch, L., Kiener, M. S., & Gitchel, D. (2009). Action Research in Rehabilitation Education: Curricular Applications. Rehabilitation Education 23, 205-214.2008b
- Kiener, M. S. (2009). Contextualizing engagement: Building the middle range theory of mutual engagement and gaining context on how students learn. Rehabilitation Counselors and Educators Journal, 3(2), 55-62.
- Kiener, M. S. (2009).Application of the scholarship of teaching and learning: The emergence of a deeper understanding of how students learn. Insight,4, 21-27.
- Kiener, M. S & Koch, L. (2009). Action research in rehabilitation counseling. Journal of Applied Rehabilitation Counseling, 40, 19-26.
- Bertolino, B., Kiener, M., & Patterson, R. (2009). The therapist’s notebook on strengths and solution-based therapies homework, handouts, and activities. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Kiener, M. S. (2008). The use of pre and post quizzes to increase student engagement in their learning. In Blythe, H., & Sweet, C. (Eds.), It works for me in scholarship shared tips for the classroom (pp. 79-80). Stillwater, OK: New Forums.
- Kiener, M. S. (2008). Engaging conversationally: A method for engaging students in their learning and examining instruction. Insight, 3, 23-30.
- Kiener, M. S. (2008). Teaching service learning to enhance reflective practice and research skills. Rehabilitation Counselors and Educators Journal, 2, (2), 50-59.