Helpful reminders to assist you in preparing for commencement day!
Before Commencement Day…
- Apply for graduation at the completion of your degree program by logging into the portal and then going to AccessMU for Students. You’ll find the application for graduation under the Academic Profile header. If you indicated that you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony when completing your application for graduation, watch for information concerning your cap and gown and other important commencement information.
- Order class ring and graduation announcements through the The M Store.
- Make your Class Gift then get your brick and class T-shirt.
- Pronunciation Hotline: From April 3 through Friday, April 28, 2017: Call (314) 529-9211, and follow the instructions to leave a voice mail message with the correct pronunciation of your name.
- If you have a special need, please contact Maryville’s Student Service Center at (314) 529-9360 prior to Friday, April 28, 2017.
- Caps, Gowns and Hoods may be picked up in the The M Store in the Donius University Center (Main campus) during normal business hours anytime between now and May 5, 2017. Contact The M Store with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-529-9438.
- The M Store Hours
- Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
On Commencement Day….
- It is imperative that you pick up your Reader Card prior to reporting to your line up location. (This card is what you will hand to your dean so your name will be announced during the ceremony.)
- You will pick up your Reader Card and line up in the designated “graduate area” in the Family Arena.
- Don’t forget your cap and gown!
- Arrive no later than one hour prior to the ceremony on commencement day. Please anticipate delays and allow additional time for traffic and parking! Participants’ family members and guests will also be arriving at the same time. Carpooling is recommended.
- Many participants bring along safety pins and “bobby pins” on Commencement Day.
- Leave personal belongings with family and/or guests during the ceremony.
- Be sure to designate a place to meet your family and friends after the ceremony as graduates will recess at the end of the ceremony.
- This special day recognizes your efforts and achievements as a Maryville graduate — enjoy your day!