Career And Professional Development Information
Join the Career and Professional Development Office at the following events being held during the spring 2014 semester. This list will continue to be updated as the semester progresses so check back!
CAREER FAIR SLAM
Tuesday, February 11, 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Rather than you approaching companies, at this “flipped” Career Fair, recruiters have just 60 seconds to pitch their company and opportunities to you. After the companies pitch, recruiters and students will have a chance to mingle in a comfortable and informal manner with each company. A mix of industries and opportunities – jobs and internships – will be represented.
THE DEVELOP WORKSHOP SERIES
In proud sponsorship with Campus Activities Board, the DEVELOP series will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed upon graduation. Each event will feature industry experts and interactive learning along with fun prizes/handouts.
- Wednesday, January 22, 6:30pm – DUC Atrium
- Resume Rx by Industry
- Tuesday, February 4, 5:00pm – Buder Commons
- Professional Attire: What Not To Wear
- Wednesday, February 19, 6:00pm Buder Commons
- Personal Branding: What is Yours?
- Wednesday, March 19, 6:00pm – Buder Commons
- Networking: Create, Build, Grow
- Wednesday, April 16, 6:00pm – Buder Commons
- Motivation: Maintaining Career Momentum
ETIQUETTE & NETWORKING LUNCHEON
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Not sure how to introduce yourself? Unsure which spoon to use for the soup? How do you put butter on that hard roll? Learn the answers to these questions and other social etiquette skills at the popular Etiquette Luncheon on Wednesday, April 9, 2014. Reservations and a small deposit are required to attend.
The Career and Professional Development Office offers a variety of services and resources:
- Self-assessment tools
- Career development counseling
- Resume writing
- Mock interviews
- Job Listings through Career Connections
- Workshops and hands-on sessions
- Industry-specific panels and workshops
- Campus-wide career fairs
For an appointment or more information on any of these events and services, please call the Career & Professional Development Office at 314.529.9375.