Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Leadership
The Master of Arts program in Strategic Communication and Leadership provides an innovative blend of communication and leadership theory and practice for individuals interested in careers and career advancement in a wide variety of profit and not-for-profit organizations.
The program’s emphasis on both leadership and communication skills prepares students to become ethical, socially responsible and effective leaders and communicators in an ever-changing and increasingly diverse world. With flexible scheduling, combining on-line and face-to-face instruction in the evenings, the program is designed to meet the needs of both the working professional and the recent college graduate. The target audience for this program includes the following:
- Professionals from a wide variety of professional backgrounds seeking to develop advanced leadership and communication skills to further their careers in communication and related fields.
- Recent college graduates (or undergraduates who qualify for early access into the program) interested in developing advanced communication and leadership knowledge and skills that will help them gain entry into communication and related fields, including the following:
- Corporate Communication
- Human Resources and Management
- Public Relations, Advertising or Marketing Communication Managers
- Communication Managers
- Strategic Planning
- Training and Consulting
- Community College Teaching or doctoral studies in Communication