Certified Internal Auditor
- Course Components
- Learning System Benefits
- Who Can Benefit from the CIA
- Learning System
- Course Schedule
- Registration Form
Upgrade Your Internal Audit Training
The IIA’s (Institute of Internal Auditors) premier quality Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®) exam preparation solution
Prepare to Pass the CIA Exam with The IIA’s CIA® Learning SystemTM
The IIA’s CIA Learning System is a comprehensive professional development and Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®) exam preparation program. It combines printed materials, Web-based tests and resources, and optional live instruction to teach the entire global CIA body of knowledge. This program offers premier quality training that meets the unique demands of internal audit professionals, employers and instructors.
CIA Learning System Overview
The institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is an international professional association with global headquarters in Altamonte Springs, Fla., USA. The IIA is the internal audit profession’s global voice, recognized authority, acknowledged leader, chief advocate, and principal educator. Members work in internal auditing, risk management, governance, internal control, information technology audit, education, and security.
Participants should hold a Bachelor’s degree. Those who do not have professional experience in internal auditing will be required to possess work experience in field for 24 months prior to completing certification. More information can be found at https://na.theiia.org/certification/CIA-Certification/Pages/CIA-Certification.aspx
The IIA CIA body of knowledge is made up of the following four parts:
Part One – The internal Audit Activity’s Role in Governance, Risk, and Control
- Comply with The IIA’s Attribute Standards
- Risk and control knowledge elements
- Establish a risk-based plan to determine the priorities of the internal audit activity
- Plan engagements
- The nature of internal audit work in risk management, control and governance
Part Two – Conducting the Internal Audit Engagement
- Conduct engagements
- Conduct specific engagements
- Monitor engagement outcomes
- Fraud knowledge elements
- Engagement tools
CIA Learning System Benefits
- Qualified instructors lead discussion and clarify difficult topics.
- A peer network is developed while you learn in a group environment.
- Participant materials include:.
- The print materials correspond to the four parts of the CIA exam.
- The interactive Software includes pre-tests that identify which topics require intensive study; quick and extended section-specific quizzes that measure comprehension and ability to apply concepts; post-tests that gauge knowledge gained and identify areas requiring further study; a CIA practice exam to build experience and confidence for exam-day; eFlashcards and glossary offer review of key terms and definitions; a progress report that tracks activities and scores and an Online Resource Center that provides additional references and feedback opportunities.
Who Can Benefit From The IIA’s CIA Learning System Course?
- Candidates preparing for IIA’s CIA examination
- Internal Auditors seeking professional development.
- Audit Managers wishing to train their staff.
- Risk Managers and staff
- Students enrolled in accounting, business or financial degree programs
Rhonda Travers, CIA, CPA, has over 20 years of internal audit experience, primarily with Enterprise Holdings (Enterprise Rent-A-Car Company). She has been an Internal Audit Manager since 2000 and completes all types of audits, such as corporate departments and related processes, which now includes all three brands of the company.
Rhonda was an officer of the St. Louis Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors for five years, including President, and is currently a member of the Board of Governors. She has given presentations to local universities and to her department on topics including the COSO audit approach, supervisory methods, communication skills, and financial auditing refreshers.
Rhonda is a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from Millikin University in Decatur, IL.
- Part I will be held on February 9, 2013 – cost $595
- Part II will be held on March 9, 2013 – cost $595
- If you register for Parts I and II at the same time, the cost for both courses will be $1,000.
To register, fill out the Registration Form or contact 314-529-9488 for more information.