Aspiring Artists Nab Scholarships
May 9, 2007
ST. LOUIS – Maryville University has announced its annual Art & Design Scholarships for the 2007-2008 academic year.
Scholarship recipients are chosen through a competition overseen by Maryville’s Art & Design faculty. The 2007-08 Art & Design Scholarship recipients, along with their hometowns, are:
• Lindsay Harris of Independence, Mo., daughter of Kevin and Lisa Harris
• Abigail Adams of St. Charles, Mo., daughter of Kathy and Terry Adams
• Alex Riggio of Chesterfield, Mo., daughter of Michael and Manda Riggio
• Erica Virgin of Litchfield, Ill., daughter of Dr. and Mrs. Bradley Virgin
• Adam West of Chesterfield, Mo., son of Kirk and Diann West
Maryville University, founded in 1872, is a private, coeducational institution offering approximately 50 undergraduate, seven master’s and two doctoral degree programs to 3,300 students. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of America’s Best Colleges in the Midwest, Maryville University prepares its students for successful and meaningful careers by offering programs that integrate liberal arts with professional studies.
Among Maryville’s most recent graduates, 94 percent are employed or attending graduate school. Approximately 15,000 alumni work and live in the St. Louis region.